Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2016, 04:34   #16

Re: 2013 Boreal 44 for sale

Hello Steve,

We are very interested buying your boreal, could you please send us more details about the boat equipment? We live in Switzerland and plan to do a long trip with our children.

Regréas,
Thierry
thuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 05:35   #17

Boat: Boereal 44

Hi Thuggler, I sent you a PM with my email address. Please send back an email and I will gladly send you all the information. Tracy and I are so happy to have a family interested in our Boreal.

Cheers

Steve
stevewrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 05:44   #18

Thank you for all of your inquires about the sale of our Boreal 44. My post was intended to be a pre sale heads up. We are still completing our up grades in the boat yard. Once we launch we will take photos that a potential buyer would want to see. If you would like a specs and a full gear list please contact me with a PM. Please have your email address in PM.

Thanks

Steve and Tracy
Old 13-12-2016, 05:47   #19

Boat: Boréal 47

Dear Steve,
Dear Tracy,

I'm sure you are going to find a new home for your beloved RC Louise !
She is indeed the only one which is available right now on the second hand market. She is fully equipped and one can take his family with her "tomorrow" to wherever he wants.

You point out in a correct way that there is real difference between the standard price, the price of a boat with options (as you have decided to configurate her) and the price "ready to go" with all gear on board.

We have indeed orders untill 2020 but that does not mean our production is full unitll then. 2017 is completely full but we still have slots for 2018 and 2019.

If you do allow me :
New price of a standard Boréal 44 (ex VAT) is rather 500K than 600K (at the dollar/euro rate of 1.10)

One more detail : VAT in France is 20 %.
Appliable for all EC citizens who fly a EC flag and to those who do not export there boat out of EC

You both have been excellent ambassadors for Boréal and we will regret all your constructive feedback. I hope and I'm sure that even when RC Louise is gone, we 'll keep in touch. And we are still keen to go out flyfishing together.

Warmest regards to both of you.

Jean-François EEMAN
Managing Director Boréal.
JF EEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 14:25   #20

Boat: wanting a cat

That speaks volumes that the managing director would join the forum to thank a customer...

Good on you sir!

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 15:21   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatservo View Post
That speaks volumes that the managing director would join the forum to thank a customer...

Good on you sir!

meatservo
Yes that is a amazing but if you know Boreal then it is the norm. Boreal watches over every customer. Even three years down the road such as my wife and I have been part of the Boreal family they still follow us by AIS and if we need a part it is delivered within a few days. We skype often just to say hi and conversations can be about our Boreal or how the workers at Boreal and their families are doing. When you visit the company you get invited to many of the workers houses for dinner. They are all amazing, just wonderful people.

We have lowered the price of our Boreal because of the crash of the Euro to a price that helps Europeans be able to buy her. We are now asking 525K USA. The boat is on the hard at Port Annapolis Boatyard and fully winterized. New bottom paint a few weeks ago, had to touch it up some because I had to break through some ice while leaving one of the river bays near Annapolis last week. I had such a good time doing so I went back for a second pass through the ice, fun to hear it break under the bow.

We are advertising over on Attainable Adventure Cruising website and ad should be up soon.

Also for Jean Francois, I look forward to the day you come out to fly fish for steelhead on the Snake River. And thank you for posting here on cruisers forum.

Cheers all.
Old 14-12-2016, 15:42   #22

Boat: wanting a cat

Good luck sir on your transaction. I wish you success. One word/fish, "Walleye!"

I hope that I can find a cat manufacturer that would deliver that level of customer service...

Warmest Regards,

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 18:53   #23

Some of you might be interested in pictures of our Boreal 44 that is for sale. Pretty amazing boat! If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lnwpknx96...DV0ok72ka?dl=0

Cheers

Steve and Tracy
Old 23-12-2016, 22:36   #24

Please email me direct enormus.botanicals@gmail.com
heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 18:22   #25

Looks like a sure deal is falling through. Guy wanted to buy our Boreal 44 for high latitude chartering. Seemed like a nice guy, pretty sharp But have not had a word from him in over a week. He even hired an agent to pass papers but she has not had a word from him in over a week. So if you are still out there and interested email me or call me.

So our beautiful sailboat is looking like it is still for sale.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lnwpknx96...DV0ok72ka?dl=0

Cheers

Steve
Old 23-01-2017, 09:50   #26

We will go through a broker now. Just too much work dealing with it all. All interested want me to fly out to Annapolis to show them the boat. I just don't have the time. Will let broker show boat he is familiar with the Boreal.

New price is 549,000 USA.

Cheers

Steve
Old 24-01-2017, 17:46   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewrye View Post
We will go through a broker now. Just too much work dealing with it all. All interested want me to fly out to Annapolis to show them the boat. I just don't have the time. Will let broker show boat he is familiar with the Boreal.

New price is 549,000 USA.

Cheers

Steve
Be careful which broker you use. There's one there that is run by rogues who actually drive buyers away, won't provide information on boats, etc. Some brokers are very good, but definitely not all. Seller beware.

To maintain your happiness, you may want to brace yourself for a long wait to sell the boat (years, not months), especially if you are firm on the price. In that price range and below there are lots of excellent used aluminum cruising boats available, and the price is actually more than a new launch-ready boat, including OK electronics, of similar design. Your boat is equipped, which is very valuable, but equipment goes bad rather quickly, some of it more quickly with lack of use and without continuous maintenance, and electronics are waiting to die after a few years. There are many hard truths to boat selling, so best to prepare yourself mentally for the long haul. Then again, you may get lucky and sell it quickly.

Good luck!
Lantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 19:09   #28

Our Boreal is now listed with Roguewave Yacht Sales in Anapolis.
info@doguewaveyachtsales.com
410 571 2955
Please contact Bernie for information on RC Louise.
Old 29-01-2017, 01:19   #29

Beautiful Boat
Karratha Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 16:36   #30

Sorry I screwed up the email address.
info@roguewaveyacthsales.com

and thanks karratha, she is really a beautiful boat in all aspects of sailing.

Cheers

Steve Wrye

Tags
for sale, sale