Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2013, 03:31   #1
Marine Service Provider

Post the Worst "For Sale" Picture You've Seen.

The other day I found an interesting thread on Cruisers Forum that was started by Seahag http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...oat-96641.html.

He said the following and I only focus on his comments about pictures now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahag View Post
I've been looking at boats for sale for some time now, and I have to ask--while clicking through the various networks, it's apparent to me that boat owners and brokers must not get embarrassed too easily, and it must be ridiculously easy to sell boats despite uneasy economic times?

I base this conclusion question on the following:

Pictures-basically, I'm done looking after about the 10th picture. If you haven't got me somewhat interested by about the fifth, I'm gone. Here's why you lost me, even though I do want your boat:
-How old was the monkey who took the pictures?
-Was it really just too hard for you to move the crap out of the boat?
-Do you think I need 50 detail shots of every winch, shackle, gauge, etc.? How many shots of your dirty engine do I need?
-Did you think all that detail would help when you never showed a view of the cockpit, or an overall of the galley, or some of the interior is just omitted?
-Much worse than too many pics: too few--and here I have to ask if Europeans don't either know how to take pictures, or just don't care to see the boat before travelling to look at it? How can you show 5, 3, or in many cases, zero pictures? Duh.
Seahag is right. It is so frustrating not being able to get a clear image of a boat that is for sale. Here are a few tips of Bouwe Bekking that help you to take better pictures for your advert when you are selling your boat.

To get an idea of how not to do it I'm daring you to post the most shocking 'For Sale' pictures you came across on the internet.
Attached Files

Tags
paracelle, sale