Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 03:51   #46

Re: Low Cost Battery Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladis View Post
Hello,

It looks like you adjusted the reading for 6,93A. Now you need to make sure that, with no load, the meter reads zero! If that is case it will read both curre! nts in and currents out! If you read my post here you will see that my initial problem was precisely this! May be, if you try what I have done, you can solve yours as well! However my unit is 2 years old and new ones may have different firmware (just guessing).

I am extremely happy with the monitor! It counts (5 sampling readings per second) AH going out from the batteries or going in into the batteries. At the middle of a sunny afternoon it shows 100% (=280 AH in my case). Then, when the sun goes down it stars to decrease and at 8 am it shows about 75% (which agrees with the consumption of the freezer). Then the sun and the solar panels increase the energy in the batteries again. In days of no sun (very rare here :-) ) I switch on the engine to charge the batteries!

I hope you get yours working as mine!

Regards, Vladis
Thank you vladis for your immediate reply. It seems that mine should be configured at fl - 03 now it's reading 0.00 when the inverter is OFF. I'll monitor if there are any changes. I hope i finally solved my problem. Many thanks vladis!
Thriftyprepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:02   #47

Hello again vladis, finally got mine to work... Sort of...

The meter is now monitoring both charging and discharging values but i seem to be losing .5 amps compared to my calibrated multimeter. When the sun goes down and no longer charging, the meter shows it discharging .5 amps until my charge controller no longer reads anything from the panel. Is this normal? Should i accept that this is all the meter can do?

I apologize for asking all this questions to you but i've tried everything and other opinions such as yours are invaluable.

Thank you.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:05   #48

Hello again vladis, finally got mine to work... Sort of...

The meter is now monitoring both charging and discharging values but i seem to be losing .5 amps compared to my calibrated multimeter. When the sun goes down and no longer charging, the meter shows it discharging .5 amps until my charge controller no longer reads anything from the panel. Is this normal? Should i accept that this is all the meter can do?

I apologize for asking all this questions to you but i've tried everything and other opinions such as yours are invaluable.

Thank you.

Tags
battery, monitor