Thanks for all the great responses,
I think we will keep the engine
driven system as a backup but I am unsure of what systems we exactly have to be able to "upgrade" components.
When I get home today from work I will make some pictures of both refrigeration
systems and the two holding plates we have in the box.
Bit side information that I think might be necessary for getting the right advice:
- We live on the boat in The Netherlands
(winter @ 0 Celsius, Summer @ 25 Celsius).
- We plan on leaving in 3 to 4 years from now, traveling to warmer conditions, and for a while to my hometown Sint Maarten (Caribbean).
- We plan on cruising as long as out budget
can handle, could be 1 year, could be 4.
- The boat is a production boat, only has about 170 liters of diesel
- We don't, and will not have a generator
. (maybe a little portable Honda