Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2017, 13:05   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450 F
Where does the rain come in?

In the tray behind the stove, below the micro wave, there is water when it rains. It seems to seep into the bottom board of the tray and does not seem to come from above. I haven't been able to find out where the water is coming from yet.

Has anyone had the same problem or any other idea?

The only place I found where water comes in is through a small plug on the inside of the left salon hatch in the front of the mast. I don't know there either where the water comes from.

Does anyone know more?
Ulstue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 13:35   #2

Re: Where does the rain come in?

These can be tough for sure. I have seen them run from the cabin top, behind the covering, down the sides and end up on a book shelf. I had one leak in the overhead that I took the whole headliner off and waited for a week for a Florida downpour. The weather didnt disappoint. Found no leak at all. Put it back together and next time, it leaked again! ARGHH! I finally put "Capt XXX?'s Creeping latex leak stop" on everything on the cabin top outside on that side of the boat and it stopped. Go figure.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 14:38   #3

I assume you know it is rain ie: fresh water as opposed to salt?

Have you removed the roof panels in the Port aft area adjacent to the bathroom for a look?

How quickly does it manifest itself, once it starts to rain?

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 18:03   #4

try spraying one part of the area with a hose and have someone inside watching for the drip, if you can't get a leak to show then it could be from the mast, water might follow the wires to the helm
cptcptcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2017, 11:32   #5

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44' Steel Mauritius

This is an issue that has driven me crazy for years. My boat is complicated with 12 separate bilges etc. I have figured out most of them. Hose idea works in some cases. I've been thinking of some substance (light tissue paper maybe) that I can line surfaces with to follow the leak. On a steel boat with a lot of woodwork a small leak can wreak havoc especially up here where it rains for six months.
Good luck
Mithril Bham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 01:32   #6

Thank you for the advice!

Can't try everything right now, but I'll do it.

Is there perhaps an owner of a Lagoon 450 who had the same issue?
Ulstue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 04:13   #7

I do t think it is the same thing. It I have a 410 and had leaks around the vertical hatches. I rebeaded them and still had the problem. I replaced them and the problem went away. I hope this helps, good luck
dan swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2017, 23:09   #8

We have similar problem, but different spot. Had water showing up on the deck under the Port stairs and few drops on the deckhead under the Kitchen.

Turned out to be seal failure in the Port-Fwd Salon Window at the bottom. Only got water in rough seas when we are taking it over the bow. (had a couple times latley).

Note, It didn't show up with the hose intially. Seems a combo of pounding seas, and boat flex, and water has to hit the deck and come UP at the right spot.

But pushing on the window opens the crack up / move a bit, and there was a nice train of dried salt water to follow.

Based on talking to other folks as well, I'd first check the window seals for any leak around the salon, especially around the bottoms where they are near the deck, and in the corners.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mark.
Catapault is offline   Reply With Quote