Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-07-2013, 05:20   #1

Lagoon 52

has anyone have any recent impressions of the Lagoon 52?
either from owning it, or charter? how's the sailing speed, the general feel, the comfort, and the finish quality?
is the boat solid enough to circumnavigate several times over?
thanks guys
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 06:01   #2

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Re: LAGOON 52

The Lagoon 52 is a brand new 2013 boat that has never made a circumnavigation.
The few that are made so far are on boat show tours.

http://www.cata-lagoon.com/lagoon_52...ntation_uk.php

Maybe these links will help.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f139/?prefixid=520
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 18:09   #3

Yes, if one is willing to 'complete' the yacht from production delivery. Let me know what specific questions I may assist with. We're sailing and completing ours this season in Grenada. So far,,,very promising yacht. Great in wind and relatively heavy seas.
Freedom52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 00:47   #4

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Re: Lagoon 52

Japan express | Lagoon Inside
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 13:09   #5

Excellent. I've been looking for videos of the boat underway. The ones on the Lagoon website aren't long enough to see how the boat handles the water.

One review I read in MultiHulls World magazine stated a "con" to the hull design being that they tent to plow or push quite a bit of water ahead of them. Careka's video seems to show that on the leeward bow.

Now, I'm not certain if this is somehow intentional for stability or who-knows-what. But my novice hull design chops wonder if it's creating a bit too much forward resistance right at the tip of the bow?

I will say that the video seemed very, very stable. Not sure if it was the camera or the boat.

Not going to be able to see this particular part of the boat in action at Annapolis either. I'm just going for the afternoon ;-(
Old 24-10-2013, 09:41   #6

more 52 and 39 film,
Lagoon 52 & 39 video | Yachting World
Old 26-10-2013, 09:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by careka View Post
Arg. Still hard to tell. My inner optimist seems to think the new design (aft mast and new front hull shape) results in less pitch-poling around.

I've seen videos of L500s that appear to be bouncing all over the place.

My hope is that the new design is getting closer to "as good as you can get" with mini keels. I also feel like the flat bow tips may in fact aid in increasing stability.

At the end of the day, I'm trying to decide if chartering a 52 is worth the extra $$$ over a 500. Some of my family can use all the help they can get with motion sickness.
Old 29-10-2013, 16:49   #8

Boat: Lagoon 52

L52/21 sorry friends -thats a very good sailing catamarn with a very strong hull -very good in heavy sea (60 kn against) but with French Elektrik-save your Money to Change this -or you must take a another brand- after 4 weeks maintainance in Lissabon (after picup in Bordeaux) still not working the Computer which steer the navigationlight and all other things on bord (no documentation nearly all Hardware changed) programmed by ingineurs never stayed on a boat-
conclution: it was a mistake to sell my 6 year old L440
herbert.dietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 07:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert.dietz View Post
L52/21 sorry friends -thats a very good sailing catamarn with a very strong hull -very good in heavy sea (60 kn against) but with French Elektrik-save your Money to Change this -or you must take a another brand- after 4 weeks maintainance in Lissabon (after picup in Bordeaux) still not working the Computer which steer the navigationlight and all other things on bord (no documentation nearly all Hardware changed) programmed by ingineurs never stayed on a boat-
Ahh, I was wondering about that touchscreen interface and the electronic systems behind it. Maybe they need more testing? Hope they get that sorted out before I sail one. ;-)
Old 31-10-2013, 00:22   #10

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Will see more and more production cats going the way of centrally locating mast.

others currently FreeFlow Catamarans

Dazcat custom performance cruising catamarans and trimarans home page

Dazcat Southern Ocean 47, 15m performance cruising catamaran
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 11:08   #11

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Gooday Herbert sorry to hear that, French arrogance and bad attention to detail again!

Cheers Frank 'DOMINOS' Turkey.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50   #12

Quote:
I hope that Lagoon is doing al they can to fix your boat, and when they are done it will be a very good boat

Ho has made the problem electron systems on the L 52 ?
Old 18-11-2013, 09:46   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
Gooday Herbert sorry to hear that, French arrogance and bad attention to detail again!

Cheers Frank 'DOMINOS' Turkey.
no, not "french arrogance", Laggon arrogance rather. If you deal with Outremer or Privilege, both french, they've got one of the best customer care in the world, yes, AFTER you bought your yacht.
Lagoon and Fountaine after-sales attitude apparently really sucks......
It's like you compare Ford with BMW customer care.... i guess
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2013, 11:44   #14

Boat: Lagoon 440

Ok that may be true, my take on Lagoon/Beneteau is they leave their agents to deal.

Deal means all warranty and all negotiations. surprisingly most agent take no commission disposing of the trade in HOWEVER this is covered by the 18% odd they make on commission for new sales.

Lagoons etc are made to a price to meet the market, once an owner accessorises the boat with usable practical items they go from a day charter boat to quite a good world traveller, solid as needed, comfortable and seaworthy.

A lot of crap gets said about the marque but it's usually from the mouths of jealous people who know no better..

As you say it may be a company trait……..maybe?
Old 19-11-2013, 00:10   #15

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your troubles with the electrics on your new vessel and I hope they are sorted soon. It is good to hear you are pleased with the seaworthiness of the vessel and no doubt we will see many more designers following the path of centrally located masts.

Meanwhile, I know my mate Col, is very pleased with your previous L440.

Cheers
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon