Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 07:14   #511

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Wind Generator

I wonder whether anyone have fitted a wind generator to his/her Lagoon400, and if you did, how and where did you fit the stand on the boat.

The stern of my boat is rather crammed with the davits/dinghy, MOB equipment etc. and any idea will be thanked for.
Old 10-08-2011, 13:29   #512

Boat: Lagoon 400 #181
Re: Lagoon 400

Rob Wink from SCHENKER WATERMAKERS BIJ ROBWINK Serious Seatools. has a 400 and installed a SuperWind. I'd like to have him do the same on mine. See pictures below.

yme_bosma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 13:38   #513

Boat: Sold Sigma 33 OOD some time ago, will be chartering in Turkey really soon

Hi Yme,

Did I see your Lagoon in Lelystad a couple of weeks ago? I went sailing with a collegue on his Bavaria 500. Think I recognized one of the pictures.
If you are looking for a wind turbine I recommend you speak with Gideon from African cats; he has some first hand experience with installing turbines. He currently has one that is installed in the top of his mast.

Eric
Old 11-08-2011, 00:45   #514

Eric, that is Rob's 400 in Lelystad. We just took delivery of ours in Les Sables, on our way to Holland. Currently in Guernsey.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:34   #515

Hi Yme
Thanks for the response. However, due to some glitch (presumable some stupid setting of my computer) I can't see the pictures you have attached (I did see other pictures from older posts to the forum).
What I would really like to do is to install a Duogen wind/water generator, that will allow generation from either wind or water.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:10   #516

Boat: Lagoon 400, HanaFe
Lagoon 400 HanaFe is for sale

It breaks our heart but it is true. HanaFe is for sale.
Pls. find more under http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lagoon...1-e03f394d5644
hanafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 20:57   #517

Boat: Fountains Pajot Mahe 36 Evolution
Re: Lagoon 400 rope storage bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp View Post
Hello Hanafe and all, attached some pictures of the extra rope storage bags I brought from our local chandlery, I don't know about the rest of you guys but my 400 only came with one, not enough to keep things shipshape and bristol fashion. Regards Peter
Hi Peter, only now have time to catch up. Hope you enjoyed Sydney boat show and managed to speak to Yann Maselot. Sorry did not have a chance to see you then as I was cruising Pittwater over that long weekend (bank holiday) for us finance people. Can I please bother you with the detaile of the additional rope bag you have installed at the helm station. I would like to buy one exactly the same and would appreciate details of same if you don't mind. Cheers Gerard
Casaroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 22:55   #518
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters
Re: Lagoon 400 rope storage bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casaroche View Post
cruising Pittwater
G'day Gerard...We were sailing around Pittwater last weekend and heard you/HotChilli calling VMR at one stage, but we were otherwise engaged () at that point. We'll look out for you again next time.
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:51   #519

Re: Lagoon 400 - battery monitor

Last week, the battery monitor started a "low voltage" alarm. The funny side of this waS THAT WE WERE ATTACHED TO SHORE POWER AT THE TIME, batteries were 100% full, and after touching the monitor and flipping between its functions, it showed batteries to be over 13v.
Did that happen to anyone?
Thanks to anyone who will respond.
Mark
Old 05-09-2011, 19:22   #520

In putting the fresh line in, is it okay that it is constantly under pressure and is there a need to put in a back flow preventer valve?
Life Aquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 13:23   #521

Flexofold anodes lost to corrosion after six weeks

I took delivery of my new Lagoon 400 about two months ago. After just six weeks of full-time living aboard I noticed that about half of the anodes mounted on my Flexofold props had been lost to corrosion. Has anyone had a similar experience and/or any idea of what might be the cause? We had been sailing in salt water, and were moored in French marinas most of the time, connected to shore power.
Old 23-09-2011, 13:53   #522

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

yme_bosma,

I had the same problem with our prop anodes the first few months. changed them under water.

On the next haul out I coated the props with PropSpeed and now the anodes have lasted two seasons with no problems.

I suspect that the large exposed bronze area of the props needs more anode to keep the stray currents in check. Once the props are coated the anode has less work to do and last longer.

Mark
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 15:22   #523

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka

And do install a "Zink saver" on the power intake on the land power, it helps a lot.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 15:33   #524

Re: Flexofold anodes lost to corrosion after six weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yme_bosma View Post
I took delivery of my new Lagoon 400 about two months ago. After just six weeks of full-time living aboard I noticed that about half of the anodes mounted on my Flexofold props had been lost to corrosion. Has anyone had a similar experience and/or any idea of what might be the cause? We had been sailing in salt water, and were moored in French marinas most of the time, connected to shore power.
Well the good news is the Anodes are doing their job. We live aboard in a marina in northern Australia and after 8 months we have about half life left in our anodes.
a couple of things to check.
It can be that another vessel next to you in the marina could have a galvanic potential difference which makes your boat act as an anode for it. Also as I recall in France they do not have a great standard for electrical instalation could be some problem with the shore power etc in the marina.
Do you know what sort of antifowl you have on the sail drive?, should make sure it does not have copper in it.
If niether of the above apply, would be worh getting a marine electrician to have a look at the installation. If you are going to keep it in French marinas would be work installing Isolation transformer (galvanic isolator) for shore supply. I have even seen some vessels put extra anodes around the hull waterline on cables connected to the vessels ground.
Hope this is some help cause I know thoughs anodes are not cheap.
Old 26-09-2011, 00:55   #525

Thanks for the replies. Currently the boat is in The Netherlands, we were just traveling through France after taking delivery of the boat. We never stayed anywhere for more than 2 nights. So I'm not sure if a bad shore power installation in one marina can cause so much corrosion in just two days.

But I'll definitely coat the props, good tip! As for the anti-fouling on the saildrives, it's the standard Seajet 039 Platinum used by the company doing the commissioning of the ships in Les Sables.. You would expect it not to be the cause of this...

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400