Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-03-2015, 01:32   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Keeping the bilges clean

Between my girlfriend's long hair, the dogs constant shedding, and my hair just falling out we have a lot of hairballs finding their way all over the boat. We have been doing our best to keep it clean and avoiding getting too much down into the bilge, but after living aboard for over a year now the hair is winning. I don't want them to clog the pumps or block the hoses. So we try and clean out the bilge regularly. The problem with the 380 is the bilge is VERY thin and deep. So thin and deep that I can only reach the bottom in the very center of the bilge. The forward and aft sides are too thin to reach into. Has anyone come up with any effective way to reach into those areas to keep the bilges clean?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Drowning in hair,
Zoid
Zoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge