Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2006, 11:50   #1

Want to make a dream come true? Searching for boats seeking crew in Oct/Nov

Hello!

My name is Brian Jordan and I've had a long-distance love affair with the ocean my whole life. I've been nurturing the dream of crewing on sailboats ever since I learned it was possible a few years ago while bartending one night. Although I had never before sailed when the dream was born I've tried to learn what I can during the summers in between studying and working ever since. I've been taking sailing lessons from the Hoofers sailing club(Tech boats, 420's, small sloops) for a Summer and a half on lake Mendota in Madison, Wisconsin so my experience is rather limited, but I'm a quick learner and a very hard worker. I will be starting crew lessons for Keelboats and J-24's in the coming months so as to get more of an idea for the workings of larger boats.

I graduated from the University of Wisconsin at Madison in December and I've been working hard to save up for my dream ever since. I speak near-fluent Italian, conversational Spanish, and some French. I'm creative, musical, disciplined, optimistic, curious, athletic, and driven. I want to see what I can of the ocean, learn all I can about sailing, and visit the continents by way of the most alluring form of transportation that man has yet devised.

I hope to become a crew member on a southbound boat in mid-October or early November departing from the north-east or west coast of the U.S.A. Thank you for reading. If you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to contact me at Bjjordan@wisc.edu

-Brian Jordan
Old 29-06-2006, 19:14   #2

Brian:
You sound like you have a lot to offer asn would make a good crew member. Have you thought about posting to Crew lists rather than Sailing Boards. There are numerous crew exchanges you could list on to reach your goal. I know if I were looking for crew I would interview you. My wife Ruth and my son are presently living on our Formosa 51 Angelique in Tacoma Wa. No plans as of yet to make the big left turn as we call it. Good luck with your plans.
Old 29-06-2006, 20:12   #3

Boat: Tayana 48
Brian...your timing would work perfectly for folks heading out on this year's Baja Ha-Ha, an annual multi-boat run from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. They always leave in late October, usually take 7 days/ nights, with 2 stops, to get to Cabo, and always have fun. From Cabo, the fleet (150 +-) break up, heading East (Panama Canal), West (S. Pacific), staying put and cruising Mexico, or coming back to the West Coast of the US.
Bring a good sense of humor and a strong thirst for fun...
Check out the link to the Ha Ha at www.latitude38.com you'll find details on crew parties, etc.
We're going, but not 'til '07.
Best of luck...
John

Tags
arc