Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 23:10   #1

TEXAS=>

Hi,

24 year old male that will be returning to the US, particularly TX, mid-April. I feel I need more time cruising before I purchase a sailboat of my own. I am not picky as to the destination and might be willing to fly to catch a ride. I am willing to cover reasonable expenses for the voyage.

I raced all summer on sailboats in Ketchikan, AK under an experienced captain and can supply him as a reference as well as Charlotte Howard of http://ajwanderlustworldcruise.com/.

I am a graduate of the University of Texas, a PADI Divemaster, PO3 in the Texas State Guard, US Coast Guard Crewman, and have accumulated many other random certifications in various fields and have attained skills from a variety of diverse occupations. I am self-employed, manufacturing general and niche adventure equipment, and have the opportunity to take a break to sail.

I seek adventure. I enjoy traveling, learning, teaching, working hard, photography, rock climbing, caving, zip-lining, skydiving, and SCUBA diving. I am rational, open-minded, and curious.

I can be reached at mail@taequipment.com

Thank you for reading my post!

- Dustin
Old 14-06-2012, 08:42   #2

Re: TEXAS=>

Are you available now? Key West, Fl. to Isla Mujeres, Mx.. Belize and Guatamala if you want.
36' Islander sloop sailboat.
Let me know
Jack
Old 14-06-2012, 08:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Little View Post
Are you available now? Key West, Fl. to Isla Mujeres, Mx.. Belize and Guatamala if you want.
36' Islander sloop sailboat.
Let me know
Jack
Maybe so! Are you crossing straight from Key West Isla Mujeres? I'm buying a Alberg 30 this week but would still be openminded to the trip. Only thing is my Swiss girlfriend is going to be here in a week so she would have to come, but she is great cook! Let me know more specifics please and if you'd be willing to take on another crew member.
Old 15-06-2012, 11:30   #4

If you and your girlfriend travel with us, When could you be here?
Have have hired a weather person today to give us a 5 day window. Before we leave we need to go to home land security for a Zarpe.
I have 1 other person ready to travel. He is in Orlando.
Jack
Old 26-06-2012, 11:44   #5

Crew back out, are you and girl friend available this friday. Short notice. Leave here friday morning. Key West to Isla Mujeres, Belize, Guatamala. Get off any stop. Let us know.