Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-03-2013, 11:26   #1

S FL, Carib, anyone crossing to Med or SE Asia?

Hello,

I am James Correu.

I'm wondering if there is anyone going to the Med or to Se Asia/S Pacific that could use another guy along? Currently and in S Florida, but can easily meet with just a couple hours by plane. This is a more professional cover letter, and paid positions are preferred.

I've worked as 2nd Engineer/Bosun on 142' M/Y, several yard periods, and held a few freelance positions as sole engineer, most notably on 125' M/Y, where I worked extremely hard for the two months I was with them, and came across a slew of problems that I was able to address. *I have reference letters from her Captain, and the engineer that I filled in for. Currently I possess my AEC and am working toward my Y4.

I value preventative maintenance, and proper log keeping. I enjoy diagnosing problems when they arise, and like to be hands-on and I'm willing to get dirty when fixing them. *Though along with that I also know how to ask questions, do research, and talk with others who are more knowledgable in the areas that I still have to learn. *

I've always used hand and power tools, I spent half a year during my physics studies working in the departments machine shop, and with welding I have a little experience using a stick welder.

I've dealt with A/C problems on several boats, Headhunter and Hamman black water systems, pump repair, rust mitigation and painting, routine engine maintenance and servicing, log keeping, and working with contractors.

I have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. *Though I am no longer a computer programmer I am still more than your average computer user. *I have experience with installation and troubleshooting of fire and security alarm systems, CCTV, computers and bridge electronics, and general*electrical troubleshooting. Additionally I worked as a control systems engineer designing, building, programming, and running physics experiments.

I enjoy people and am a very sociable guy. *I gain stimulation from an energetic international crew of at least 6 or 7. *I like to remain active and focused, so a boat that keeps busy is right apace with me. Ideally I would be an assistant engineer on a larger boat, preferably in the Med or SE Asia.

I am in this as a career. *I've stuck through the introductory phase for a couple years which demonstrates this. *On all boats I've been on I've noted changes that can be made to improve her, make her running more efficiently.

Tags
Asia