Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2011, 13:34   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Marmaris => Canaries => Caribbean

I am departing from Marmaris beginning of November to be by mid December in Canaries, then departing fom Canaries the first days of 2011 for Grenades (or St Lucia). We are on a 44 ft catamaran , 2008 owner version (3 cabins/3 heads), fully equipped for the trip (deep freeze, water maker, spinneaker, set of spare sails, genset and A/C, sat phone and /or Fleetband internet access)

I will be with my wife or alone (she's not sure yet wheater she can make it or not..) and I am looking for 2 crews or a couple. I speak French, Italian, English and Turkish. So, the candidates must be fluent in one of these languages , be easy going, fit, have a basic semanship knowledge to keep the boat going day and night..
The experience in fishing and cooking would be a big plus..
Moderate / occasional smokers are OK. Heavy drinkers and any kind of drug on board is not tolerated.
Cost (just the food and drinks) will be shared. All other cost (fuel, marina, etc) will be mine.

Please PM me, if you are interested..

Cheers

Yeloya
Old 26-09-2011, 14:27   #2

Re: Marmaris>Canaries>Caribbean

Yeloya, I am a Physical Therapist currently working in hospital in St Thomas, VI. my conract is up Dec 12, 2011 and my wife and I unfortunately will be leaving the island for another assignment. I will have some time in between assignments. I am easy going, am fit, and have experience of coastal cruising in the Med and along the California coast. I have completed the Captains (OUPV) Course here on island and am working on getting hours to become a licensed charter captain. I would be interested in talking to you further about the crossing to St Lucia. (My father was living in Villamoura Marina on a 33' Camper Nicholson while I was in Navy. I flew over to join him for the ARC Rally but due to circumstances beyond my control, I did not get to cross.) David Newstead (941) 780-2943 or newsteaddavid7@gmail.com.
Old 26-09-2011, 16:58   #3

Re: Marmaris => Canaries => Caribbean

sound very interesting here our email
fabrik@axion .ca
we are from quebec
Old 27-09-2011, 04:04   #4

Dear Yeloya

We’re an italo-spanish couple of 37 and 46 years old. We’re very interested in your offer and believe that we’re the couple that you are looking for: I’m Spanish, so I speak Spanish, very useful for the navigation and journey in Canaries and, of course, I cook Spanish food. Also I speak Italian and English and a bit of German and Portuguese. My husband is Italian, cooks pasta dishes very well and speaks English, Italian, Spanish and something of French.

We don’t smoke and we’re not drunker. We both have a nautical license 12 miles and experience in shorts trips. Unfortunately, we can’t fish, but we learn quickly!

We’re also interested in accompanying you in the navigation across the Caribbean islands.

This is our mail: kontikibeagle@gmail.com
Old 27-09-2011, 23:01   #5

Boat: Hunter 49

I am from Calgary Alberta Canada. Just completed a Pacific Crossing from Hawaii to Vancouver. Looking for more experience. Own my own 44' sail boat moored in Vancouver. Would love to be able to say i CROSSED BOTH OCEANS IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS.

Can cook, and do just about anything to help make it a great trip. If you have down riggers and the gear I can help you catch fish. Not the greatest at cleaning fish but if they are big enough i can fillet them to insure no bones. Can also show you how to can them.

May be able to hook up in the Canaries and help cross to the Caribean depending on flight availabilty and costs. Will look into it if you are serious about having me join you.

Thanks

Please PM me going forward.
Old 29-09-2011, 11:23   #6

hi Yeloya
İ am live in marmaris i have expercence 30 years i like to come whit u
i have gril frends she want to come olso
please call me for detail 0090 5322455403
tanxxxs
Old 10-10-2011, 08:43   #7

Hi,
We are crew team of 4 (one woman and 3 man, 30-35years old) Croatian friends that are sailing together last couple of years on my Elan 434 Impression. I am professional skipper (yachtmaster offshore) with more than 40000 nm below the keel but not much blue water experience except two deliveries from La Rochelle to Croatia. My crew are passionate sailors able to stand long non stop sailing and enjoy it. We have done together more than 5000nm all around Med. You can check out some of our voyages on facebook profile "mala vala".
We have lot of our own equipement if neccessary (SART, handheld VHF, sea ancor drouges made by us, big game fishing equipement, underwater torches, scuba gear, charts, electrical charts etc..)
This winter we were planing to spend couple of months sailing and head once more in Greece up to Istambull and Black Sea but if there is opertunity to go out from Med we would enjoy much more. We all speak fluent english, two of us speaks Italian. Love to talk about sailing and future voyages. One of us is smoker others smoke ocassionaly. We are not heavy drinkers but we love to socialize in bars and to have warm tea in hand with rum during cold shifts.
We are all able to start end October.
If you find us interesting please contat me on nvisko@yahoo.com
All the best!
Neven
Old 10-10-2011, 13:57   #8
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Hi Neven,

Thx for yr interest in joining us but the team seems to be completed now.. If there is any opening on this or any other trip, I'll get in touch with you..

Cheers

Yeloya
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23   #9

Tnx for reply Yeloya,
Have a safe and enjoyable trip! If you see boat named Mala Vala in Greece this November, come over for a drink
Best!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:26   #10

hi my name is ahmet
i am living in kusadasi .. i am architect. i have boat in kusadsi also . i am 48 year old. i can share all travel cost with you .. best regards
Old 02-12-2011, 06:30   #11

Yeloya, I am very kean to sail with you from the canaries. I am currently in Fuerteventura but can be ready to sail from any island that suits you. I am young, fit, very quick to adjust and very laid back but extremley hard working. I have alot of experience on deck have been sailing since I was a child. I don't smoke and I am not really a big drinker (although I am Irish). I can promise that you will not be let down by me as a crewmember or as regards dropping out before the trip.

If you might have a berth available or if you would like to ask me any questions please drop me an e-mail at contactcooperhere*at*gmail*dot*com

would be great to hear from you,
Robert Cooper

Tags
Canaries, Caribbean