Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2011, 19:22   #1

Looking to Sail Mid-October to January

Hey CF,

I'm looking to help crew ANYWHERE the weather is nice between mid-October and January. I have no sailing experience, however I am quick to learn anything taught to me, physically fit and great travel company! I'm very laid back, love a good get together with friends and drinks, and am an avid outdoor sports enthusiast and traveler. I'll be up in Oregon and Washington State (US) in October, and available to travel starting mid-October. I'll need to head back stateside sometime in earlier January as I'm due to fly and see my little brother in Japan that month and get some snowboarding in!

I'm advanced open water certified PADI with Nitrox and Night dive certs and 37 dives under my belt.

I can COOK! Yes, that's right - I have mad skillz in the kitchen.

I can wakeboard, want to learn to kiteboard and surf, and enjoy hiking to temples and ruins when on shore.

I toy around with photography and eventually want to take some courses to get a better understanding of the finer points involved.

I can lift heavy objects! Anchors, rigging, scuba tanks, boxes of food...

I'm hoping to find a boat to crew on, be it with 1 other person or a group of people as I'm planning on buying my own sailboat to live on but would like to spend some time aboard getting the hang of sailing first obviously.

I'm also single, so unless you're a single female that I happen to hit it off with, expect me to disappear when docked at shore in search of a set of pretty eyes and smile to socialize with during travel!

Pics, in order: Lima, Peru at a hostel (I'm on left) after winning the Beer Pong Championship Title at the hostel we stayed at - 2nd: Me at the top of the ruins in Machu Pichu after a 4 day hike on the Inca Trail in Peru - 3rd: Day 1 of my current stint out here in Afghanistan (May) where I currently am until October.

Tags
sail