Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2015, 08:02   #61

Re: live aboard thailand

Most replies to this post are pathetic. Preach elsewhere and stop wasting people's time, please.
Old 18-02-2015, 20:03   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmerrett73 View Post
I met with the skipper and everything checked out, I helped him out for 3 weeks and learnt a great deal about the boat. Dan is a very knowledgable experienced captain and if it wasn't for my visa expiring I would have loved to have stayed on the boat longer. The position is idea for someone who wants to gain experience in working in the industry and looking after a boat. It's a large comfortable 25m ketch with spacious rooms all ensures and a lovely dinning area. We only did motoring when guests/ owner came on board otherwise we were anchored. Fill your day will polishing , fixing stuff , driving the small rib and making sure the Thai workers do their jobs..

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
It was a pleasure having you Steve. Come back any time. I noticed you also polished off half a bottle of JW black. No problem.
I will see if I can get the first guy to say a few words about his slave labour and subsequent imprisonment. I'd hate to ruin your entertainment Jim.
Old 18-02-2015, 20:55   #63

Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp

As far as I can tell, this is that, of an Open Forum!

Someone is presenting an opportunity than some may not wish to partake of. .... needless to say.

"However,

I could be wrong here, but "everyone" get's a chance/an opportunity to speak their mind/hopefully, for the good of the users of this particular forum - for which there are many.

I would imagine, that it's up to this site, Cruisers Forum, and its administrators/advisors as to what content is place in/within this forum. ... In this particular case, I see, hear that there is no harm being done to or from anyone except between participants whom really, by the sound of it, should have continue their respective searches for a more interesting content with which to indulge their curiosity in.

As for the host of this particular content - I wish you the best of endeavors that may lay ahead.

Sincerely,

D.T.
SJC!
Old 19-02-2015, 00:40   #64

Thank You. It is very refreshing to get a sensible posting. It helps restore my faith in mankind. Well maybe this forum
Old 25-03-2015, 20:18   #65

Boat: 39ft Owen Wooley

Im interested, drop me an email 9monthsinaleakyboat@gmail.com
Old 29-03-2015, 11:59   #66

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbri View Post
You better get them a work permit or that person will find them self in a lot of trouble or deported. Most foreigners are nit sllowed to do any work a thai can do and the owner will also find himself in trouble. All it takes is one thai to complsin and the police will see money. 81ft boat yup lots of money. I have lived in Thailand for 5 years. Trust me one complaint and the owner will find himself paying. Work permits are specific to work duties. A non thai bar owner is not allowed to give you a drink or an ash tray. Tourism is down and the police are hungry. Do a search on what happens to a person without a work permit and owners without a work permit employing people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
I found this the most interesting post here. I think some people here were a little harsh with the OP. With a little inside info I think the above is the most accurate. Because the military are in charge at the moment there has been a crack down in Thailand on work permits, many people who used to get away with "doing a bit to make ends meet" are finding themselves on the wrong side of an otherwise normally tolerant legal system.
For some people (like my niece), an easy stay keeping an eye on a boat to keep the owner informed... with accom and a bit of cash would be ideal.. she's backpacking in Australia atm so its no good but I didn't (legal side aside) see too much wrong with the original question..
life is easy - if its not too complicated.

Tags
Thailand