Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55   #1

Guadeloupe to Ireland

Crew wanted to help deliver 80 foot sloop from Guadeloupe to Cork Ireland.
You will need to be happy to work as a team, be able to stand watches, have good sea legs and help with jobs such as repairs cleaning preparing meals etc.

Contact Niall on westcorksailingatgmaildotcom
Old 03-04-2011, 19:31   #2

Re: Guadeloupe to Ireland

I am very interested in this trip as I am moving to Ireland anyway. When do you plan on leaving? I have some experience with tall ships as well as my own sloop and some friends ketch. Any questions feel free to send a PM and i can give you more contact info.

Thanks
Matt
Old 04-04-2011, 03:10   #3

Hi There Matt
Thanks for coming back to us. To give you a few facts - The trip is safe delivery of the Cypraea from Point a Pitre to Bantry Bay, basic meals are provided on board en route. You buy your own treats for enjoying on the journey. No alcohol allowed on board, no smoking.You will be standing night and day watches, participating in any repairs and maintenance needed along the way and sharing the daily cleaning and cooking chores of life on board as a team.
Cypraea, the yacht, is in Guadaloupe and we plan to leave about 14th April and will arrive in Bantry Bay, Ireland mid to end of May.
Your travel expenses to the boat and return from Ireland are paid for by yourself, as we cannot afford to pay them. Airport in Guadaloupe is Point a Pitre, and nearest airport to our village in Ireland is Cork, for USA flights you can look at Shannon or Dublin, or check out London flights as they may be cheaper. That's the deal. Cypraea is a big powerful sailing boat that needs to be sailed with strong hands and with care, you will enjoy your adventure if you choose to join us. It will salty, tiring and tough at times. Starting hot, hot, hot and becoming cold as you travel into northern Atlantic, so good waterproofs and thermals are essential.
Interested? Tell me more about you.
Gail
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27   #4

Boat: n/a

Hello Niall

Am very interested in your proposal for a delivery, I am currently in St Maarten, I sent you an e-mail with my CV attached, all my details are on there should you wish to contact me.

Best regards

Bruce
Old 07-04-2011, 05:49   #5

Hello,

If you are still looking for people I will be available. You can see my full profile at findacrew.net. Look for Michael Z in Toronto. Full profile and pic are there. If you decide you'd like to move things to a chat I can be PM'd here, via this forum.

Snapshot is:
- Grew up cruising on Huges 25 and Contessa 32, with some about 5 weeks of bareboat charters with family
- Been racing steadily the last few years on Lake Ontario - about 40 days on the water last year
- Did Lake Ontario 300 distance race last year
- Tall ship experience
- Night/watch sailing experience
- Passed CYA Competent Skipper (Basic)
- Have motor, VHF, certs
- Have all gear, including vest, lifeline, headlamps, foulies, etc
- Boats crewed - J22, J24, C&C 27, 34, 36, 40, Petersen 43, Flying Tiger, Kirby 36, CS 27, Farr 38, Catalina 30
- Boats skippered - Shark

Looking to build ocean miles. Pay own flights.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Tags
Guadeloupe, Ireland