Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2011, 21:58   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to howardyoube
Florida via Panama to OZ

Hi
I am about to purchase a Benateau 35 to bring back to Oz. What I would like is perhaps a couple of expats looking for a free trip home !! Hopefully skilled in offshore cruising. But anyone interested please let me know.. Probably leaving late November to get back here early 2012
Old 28-09-2011, 22:33   #2

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran
Re: Florida via Panama to OZ

Cyclone season
Old 28-09-2011, 22:42   #3

True Timing is everything !
Old 28-09-2011, 22:56   #4

Boat: Catalina 42 Pacific cruise to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardyoube View Post
Hi
I am about to purchase a Benateau 35 to bring back to Oz. What I would like is perhaps a couple of expats looking for a free trip home !! Hopefully skilled in offshore cruising. But anyone interested please let me know.. Probably leaving late November to get back here early 2012

Do some homework young man! Try noonsite South Pacific Ocean Pasage Planner!!
Old 29-09-2011, 01:22   #5

Yes Thanks Jamel Unfortunately I am no longer a "young man" but have looked at the planner and have started to plan... Will probably won't leave till later to arrive in Oz after the cyclone season
Old 29-09-2011, 04:13   #6

Boat: Able 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Cyclone season

DUCK SEASON !

Click image for larger version

Name:	rabbit_fire.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	32196
Old 30-11-2011, 15:04   #7

Location: Need someone to boat sit??I am now in Miami, Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to iseaker48

Hello,
My name is Michael, I am 55 and retired. I am a Viet Nam vet and have some experience in blue water, learned to sail in Lake Erie. I am in desparate need of a birth as close to the Philippines as I can get. My wife is not in good health and my children are anxious for me to get home. What do you say? Can you help me get home? I am absolutely at my witts end trying to get home.
Old 06-12-2011, 16:17   #8

Boat: In between boat ownership

Howard,

Happy to sail with you. I'm available for 3 to 6 months. I'm ASA104 and owned a Catalina 37 and Columbia 27 which were sailed primarily on the Chesapeake Bay. I sail from San Diego lately on loner boats and have been shopping for a Morgan 44 or 45. I'm a 63 year old architect, real estate developer, chemical company owner. I'm 6'-2" and healthy. I'm a fine artist and photographer as well. I grew up in South and Central America in an American Military family and have worked throughout Europe, West Africa and Southeast Asia; visited OZ several times.

I'm a father with four grown kids and a loving wife who knows I love sailing.

Let me know if you still need a crew.

Kim
Old 06-12-2011, 18:10   #9

Boat: Beneteau 50

When you close the purchase make sure you get your "builders certificate" to make importing to Oz easier
Old 08-12-2011, 21:32   #10

what time will you be through Panama? I am 24 and am sailing from NZ to Chile at the end of this month, I could easily get to Panama pretty quick for a return voyage. Hope to hear from you! Cheers! -Lance
Old 11-12-2011, 16:13   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to annaelaine

Hi Howard,
Have you left yet?
I'm from NZ, living in New York at the moment. Looking to sail back to NZ or Oz in Feb.
I've a bit of blue water experience in the Med, to Cape Verde from Alicante and NZ waters. Let me know if you've not left yet. otherwise Good luck, enjoy.
Anna
Old 11-12-2011, 18:46   #12

Boat: Traditional 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Cyclone season
Not in the northern Hemisphere! He has to start there. If he gets below 5degrees sth somewhere around march, happy days
Old 11-12-2011, 19:38   #13

Boat: Macgregor 26

Two Pacific weather Links that might help... the man is right about timing... good timing you live... bad timing you disappear...

Global Composite Weather Satellite Infrared Pictures from NASA GHCC

University of Hawaii Meteorology: Still Model Images/Collage
Old 26-12-2011, 14:21   #14

Hi Howard,

I'm your man for the month of February or as far as Panama. How is your boat working out?

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I love Latin America and commend to you the ports of Varidaro and Havana Cuba, also Bocas del Toro in Panama and Tampico in Mexico. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada

Hi
I am about to purchase a Benateau 35 to bring back to Oz. What I would like is perhaps a couple of expats looking for a free trip home !! Hopefully skilled in offshore cruising. But anyone interested please let me know.. Probably leaving late November to get back here early 2012[/QUOTE]
Old 24-01-2012, 07:13   #15

hi howard.
how are you?
im mike gallus a 37 yr old german, tryin 2 sail to galapagos,fr.polinesia,australia.
i have no idea where you are now, or if u allready left, but i am in panama city, hopin to find somebody going that way.
i have a little blue water experience from my atlantic crossing last year,share expenses, speak spanish,ital,german,engl. & would be gald if u answered.
so long

Tags
florida, Panama