Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 12:40   #1

East to West Coasts 5 month adventure

East To West Coast
Looking for competent crew willing to take a 4-5 month WINTER cruise from the Bahamas to Seattle beginning in Florida or the Bahamas around the middle of January. Stops include most of the Bahamas, Jamaica, Cartagena, San Blass Islands, Canal and Panama, Cost Rica, El Salvador, Mexico, San Diego, CA, and then on to Seattle. Arriving San Diego in May.
There will be one or more who will only be on one leg of the trip and that is fine, but it would be ideal to have a couple or such that could stay on the whole way. If one of you is the sailor and the other sea worthy but not skilled then that is fine as there is much to learn and do. A couple where one cooked and the other sailed would be also helpful. Also a single person of some experience and competence would also be welcome. Mechanical and navigation skills are greatly appreciated. Divers and their gear is appreciated. I have enough for two on board.
The boat is a seasoned blue water 50' boat and I have attached a few pictures. It is an FD-12 built by Tayana. Only 25 were made and you can have a look at her specs on Sailboat Data.com
If you are seriously interested please contact me at my e-mail or phone. I am currently in Maryland and will sail down to Savannah in September and wait out the remainder of the hurricane season.
Doug Arrington
designsailor@hotmail.com
503-333-0695
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0033.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	443.1 KB
ID:	86114   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0045.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	419.8 KB
ID:	86115  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0059.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	86116  
Old 04-08-2014, 13:08   #2

Re: East to West Coasts 5 month adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by designsailor View Post
East To West Coast
Looking for competent crew willing to take a 4-5 month WINTER cruise from the Bahamas to Seattle beginning in Florida or the Bahamas around the middle of January. Stops include most of the Bahamas, Jamaica, Cartagena, San Blass Islands, Canal and Panama, Cost Rica, El Salvador, Mexico, San Diego, CA, and then on to Seattle. Arriving San Diego in May.
There will be one or more who will only be on one leg of the trip and that is fine, but it would be ideal to have a couple or such that could stay on the whole way. If one of you is the sailor and the other sea worthy but not skilled then that is fine as there is much to learn and do. A couple where one cooked and the other sailed would be also helpful. Also a single person of some experience and competence would also be welcome. Mechanical and navigation skills are greatly appreciated. Divers and their gear is appreciated. I have enough for two on board.
The boat is a seasoned blue water 50' boat and I have attached a few pictures. It is an FD-12 built by Tayana. Only 25 were made and you can have a look at her specs on Sailboat Data.com
If you are seriously interested please contact me at my e-mail or phone. I am currently in Maryland and will sail down to Savannah in September and wait out the remainder of the hurricane season.
Doug Arrington
designsailor@hotmail.com
503-333-0695
Aloha Doug ,
In Hawaii now , but plan to be in Florida Nov on.
Very interested in your trip, and experienced on the Ocean.
Thank you , Jeff ( Kauai guy )
Old 04-08-2014, 13:13   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

I was with you till you said SD to Hawaii...
I promised myself to never sail from Baja to points north unless Hawaii was a waypoint! Enjoy, I'm sure you'll have no trouble filling the crew list.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 05-08-2014, 12:04   #4

Boat: Columbia 57

What expenses will be covered? I have 4900 logged blue water miles and am located in Beaufort SC. Captains references available. Pm me with any questions. Thanks
Dylan

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 16-08-2014, 05:39   #5

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.5, C&C 31, and Windrider 16

Hi Doug,

I sent a private message on this forum and also sent an email. We live 5 hours from Savannah and plan on being in Mexico in late December and early January. Maybe we can help.

Garth
Old 16-08-2014, 22:25   #6

Doug, We deffinately must talk, I live in Rehoboth, del.
ready to go,
cept we would miss jazz fest here in Oct...
did inter coastal 2 years ago to keys,
keys to Bahamas, than to ft. lauderdale,
just this past may did a 1400 mile sail from carribean to states.
give me a call 302-260-2901
White Hat
Old 22-08-2014, 06:11   #7

My husband and I are very interested. I've built a lot of sea time and have crewing experience, and we are looking for our next adventure! We are fun musician/surfers, but are capable and hard working individuals. We are happy to help for at least a portion of this trip, depending on expense. We are currently in FL. I'm relatively familiar with the trek south. I'm also a certified diver, but it's been many years since I've been down. I'll send you an email today or call me at 850- 624- 3152.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 23-08-2014, 05:52   #8

This trip sounds so awesome! My name is Shannon I am 26 and grew up in Newport, RI. I have a lot of experience racing through college. I am very interested in this trip. Although I have not done many long trips, I know my way around a boat. I also love to cook and have first-aid skills (currently working as an EMT). My availability is the whole trip.
please email me if you have any other questions. good luck!

Tags
west coast