Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2014, 19:37   #1

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'
Do you want to go sailing but not alone?????

Do you want to go sailing but just don't have anyone to go with at this time???? You have the boat, the time, and the ability to sail it alllll by yourself. But you know, as most people say, sailing is more fun with someone else. If you looking for someone to go sailing with you, eat a meal with, and can also be the extra hand to stand watches and take some of the work load off you. I can be that person.
What I'm looking for. I want to go sailing somewhere in the Bahamas or Caribbean with a competent Captain on a safe boat. The starting and ending locations are really not very important. (As long as a plane or boat can get me to you.) About 7 to 10 days would be great. Not really looking for a long straight through delivery but rather island hopping and taking our time.
A little about me. 53 year old male, North Carolina, married 28 years to the same wife and have grown children. I've run my own business for 35 years with a flexible work schedule. Healthy, non smoker, no drugs, and light social drinker. I've traveled through a lot of the Caribbean on large cruise ships or flew direct to the island. I've grown up power boating on both lakes and the icw in North and South Carolina. Currently own a 21' Sea Ray, owned a 16' Hobie catamaran for 6 years and sail 14' catamarans regularly. SSI open water certified diver, can bring my own safety gear.
If you want more information please contact me at abwhitley@carolina.rr.com or private message me or call 704 791 2710
Thanks
Bobby
Old 19-02-2014, 19:56   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Do you want to go sailing but not alone?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby whitley View Post
Do you want to go sailing but just don't have anyone to go with at this time???? You have the boat, the time, and the ability to sail it alllll by yourself. But you know, as most people say, sailing is more fun with someone else. If you looking for someone to go sailing with you, eat a meal with, and can also be the extra hand to stand watches and take some of the work load off you. I can be that person.
What I'm looking for. I want to go sailing somewhere in the Bahamas or Caribbean with a competent Captain on a safe boat. The starting and ending locations are really not very important. (As long as a plane or boat can get me to you.) About 7 to 10 days would be great. Not really looking for a long straight through delivery but rather island hopping and taking our time.
A little about me. 53 year old male, North Carolina, married 28 years to the same wife and have grown children. I've run my own business for 35 years with a flexible work schedule. Healthy, non smoker, no drugs, and light social drinker. I've traveled through a lot of the Caribbean on large cruise ships or flew direct to the island. I've grown up power boating on both lakes and the icw in North and South Carolina. Currently own a 21' Sea Ray, owned a 16' Hobie catamaran for 6 years and sail 14' catamarans regularly. SSI open water certified diver, can bring my own safety gear.
If you want more information please contact me at abwhitley@carolina.rr.com or private message me or call 704 791 2710
Thanks
Bobby
Hey Bobby Whitly..I live in China Grove,you know that very large city next to you! I am trying to find a good day to go sailing and have met two others on CF that are in the area and they would like to go out also ,maybe we can make a date and all of us go out one day soon..I have a boat on Lake Norman and one at the coast..My brother is in the Bahamas right now and they might help get your sealegs..I will call him if you like and ask if he would welcome another crew mate..Blue skys..DVC
Old 19-02-2014, 20:43   #3

Hey,
Thanks for the quick response. Sailing Lake Norman would be great. I know the lake really well. Will you e-mail me your phone number and a good time to call? The Bahamas sounds great too.
Bobby
Old 24-02-2014, 11:32   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380
Send a message via Skype™ to Wendi

Hi Bobby,
Are you interested in something soon? I need a hand going from Martinique to Antigua, and I want to get started right away. Let me know if this might work for you.
I have a 2012 Lagoon cat.
Old 24-02-2014, 16:08   #5

Hey Wendi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes I am seriously interested in your trip. Please e-mail me with dates, locations, and estimated itinerary. I can leave on short notice. If a call would be easier and faster please feel free. 704 791 2710. or e-mail direct to me abwhitley@carolina.rr.com
Waiting to hear from you.
Bobby
Old 01-03-2014, 05:03   #6

Hey Wendi,
Thanks for the call and chatting about your upcoming trip. I enjoyed hearing the details of your journey. I'm glad you found the crew you needed with experience and knowledge. Have a great time. Bobby
Old 02-03-2014, 05:26   #7

Boat: Tartan 30

Hey Bobby,

Things are getting crossed off the list more slowly than hoped for, but I'm still readying for a trip south. My guy started work on hanging the radar yesterday, and I'll be around today and tomorrow morning. Might do a day sail in the morning if you're interested.

Within the next couple weeks, given satisfactory progress on continued upfit, I'd like to begin a run down the ditch...perhaps to Ft. Lauderdale. Then, cross the stream to at least Bimini and see where the fish are biting. I hope to spend about 8-10 days or more in the B's, and sail a direct-ish route home. For the trip across and especially the leg home, I definitely want at least one crew along.

Look for PM and/or emailage...

Jeff
Old 02-03-2014, 05:53   #8
CLOD

Boat: none

interesting communication method, public post to expect a private message
Old 03-03-2014, 11:33   #9

Boat: Tartan 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
interesting communication method, public post to expect a private message
Some are more interesting than others.
Old 12-03-2014, 14:53   #10

Are you interested in the Mexican Coast , Belize to Guatemala?
Old 18-03-2014, 17:34   #11

Hey PhotoTaker,
Mexico to Guatemala would be great. Anywhere Panama and above or throughout the Caribbean is best. Please pm me the details.
Thanks,
Bobby

Tags
sail, sailing