Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:34   #1

Crew Wanted: Trinidad to New Zealand

I am a 66 year old retired building contractor, i have spent the last 6 years in the Med living aboard the boat. i sailed to the Caribbean earlier this year, and then down to Trinidad where the boat is now out of the water, being prepared for the trip. The boat is a 40ft Scanmar built in Sweden in 1991,and a very strong construction. The aim of the trip is to have a relaxed, safe , pleasant journey taking in all the islands on the way, and I envisage that this will take 12 months. From my crew i am looking for good sailors and good company.

You would be expected to pay your own fare to Trinidad, and all costs are shared equally between the four members of the crew, i e food , drink, marina charges etc and the cost of passing through the Panama Canal. All expenses pertaining to the vessel are mine. You would be expected to take out your own personal insurance cover.
Old 11-09-2009, 13:15   #2

Send a message via MSN to maxoffshore
Hi Ted,
Very interested in being considered for this trip. My friend Phil Kellet will be contacting you regarding our experience having done much of our sailing with him. His boat Moondancer is moored not far from yours in Trinidad as we speak. We are a professional couple looking for another great adventure. Catch me @ maxoffshore@hotmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Peter & Tanya Maxwell
P.S I am originally from New Zealand.
Old 22-09-2009, 03:48   #3

Hi Ted!

I am interested in joining your crossing for a leg at some point in late October or November. I am presently sailing in the North Atlantic, off the coast of Portugal. i will be sailing around the Turkish coast in october, but am available and would like to fly to the Pacific for sailing after that. Please check out my profile for my experience.

Loking forward to hearing from you!

Gena
genleclerc at gmail dot com
Old 25-09-2009, 11:34   #4

Interested in Voyage

Hi

My name is Trace, a 53 yr old male Can. History teacher on leave til Feb. I'm a very experienced sailor with 3 off shore trips to Bermuda, Panama and the Abrolhos Isles. under my belt as well as lots of coastal cruising in BC, and teaching dinghy sailing. I'm quite decent in Spanish and French, am easygoing, well travelled (72 countries) and a good crew member. I'm looking to sail for at least a couple of months starting early October. Let's talk and hopefully something will work out. In the picture I'm the 2 legged one.

My number is 604 444 6677

Trace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camel.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	10131  

Tags
Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago, New Zealand