Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2012, 10:23   #1

Boat: Lagoon 47
Crew Needed Bermuda to St. Martin

Weather delays have cost me my volunteer crew. I am looking for 1 or 2 volunteer crew who can assist with moving our family's cruising catamaran from Bermuda to St. Martin in the next week or two (Dec 1 - 15ish). You fly here and get yourself home, I'll supply food/fuel and offshore experience. Our catamaran is a Lagoon 47 with 4 staterooms and 3 heads. Only requirement is a positive attitude.
Old 29-11-2012, 12:53   #2

Boat: Hunter 450
Re: Crew Needed Bermuda to St. Martin

Interested, PM sent.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:57   #3
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Yahoo to lfmarqx Send a message via Skype™ to lfmarqx

i.m interested but I,m stewardess is it okay?I.m in Grenada but I can fly to bermuda actually I was planning to fly to St.Martin!
Old 30-11-2012, 07:37   #4

I'm interested. I've been bareboat chartering the last 3 years in the BVI. Have a degree in engineering with good mechanical ability. Also have an EMT license.
Old 30-11-2012, 08:45   #5

Interested members please PM me with your preferred email address to continue the conversation.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33   #6

Weather now looks favorable. If you provided me with an email address I have written you with more details. If you have previously contacted me and have not received my update, please PM me back ASAP. Tentative departure tomorrow, Sunday, Dec 2nd.
Old 04-12-2012, 18:22   #7

Hello,
I am interested if you have not already left. Contact me via chapt257@newchool.edu. I have only a year of sailing experience, but am a hard worker and fast learner. I can send references and resumes

Let me know,
TERRI BEVAN CHAPMAN
chapt257@newschool.edu
Old 09-12-2012, 09:48   #8

Thanks to all who responded. We departed Bermuda on Dec 2 with forum members Engine1218 and Ecity1 and arrived in St. Martin exactly 5 days later, like to the minute.

Can't say enough good things about the crew. They dropped their plans and flew less than 24 hours after getting the green light.

We were strangers at the start and departed as friends. They were laid back, helpful and willing to relieve me no matter the hour or conditions. No complaints even though the culinary arts were a little lacking. Bananas, brownies and peanut butter at one point.

I would highly recommend either of these crew to other captains looking for mild mannered, non-drinking crew who take sleepless nights crashing through 10 foot seas in stride with a smile and sense of humor.

But remember the coffee!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by petert View Post
Thanks to all who responded. We departed Bermuda on Dec 2 with forum members Engine1218 and Ecity1 and arrived in St. Martin exactly 5 days later, like to the minute.

Can't say enough good things about the crew. They dropped their plans and flew less than 24 hours after getting the green light.

We were strangers at the start and departed as friends. They were laid back, helpful and willing to relieve me no matter the hour or conditions. No complaints even though the culinary arts were a little lacking. Bananas, brownies and peanut butter at one point.

I would highly recommend either of these crew to other captains looking for mild mannered, non-drinking crew who take sleepless nights crashing through 10 foot seas in stride with a smile and sense of humor.

But remember the coffee!

Your voyage looked intriguing, but was not in my schedule.

I am very glad everything worked out & you had a good trip.

Very cool of you thanking the crew in the forum.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13   #10

hy my name is captain Gabriel Cordero am interested in the trip am a
very prepared sailor with over 10 years of experience am from puerto Rico currently in
miami available to go! I got master 50 ton with sailing an towing
CPr Ext,, got many deliveries done from pr to NY and anapolis , and tru the Caribbean for sure (captaingabrielcordero@gmail.com) hope here from you!

Tags
Bermuda, crew