Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2010, 12:36   #16

Boat: varies
Still in Thailand?

Greetings!

Liked your candid post.

I'm not gay (or, as I like to say, except on payday). SF native been surrounded by many different lifestyles all my life so have no issues one way or the other, so long as people observe basic courtesies.

In any event, looking to increase my sea service days and overall experience. The following is a posting recently composed:

Honolulu <=> California (but open to other passages): Mature, reliable, experienced, seaworthy male, somewhere beyond novice, just finished as part of 2-man crew from Hon to SF on Cal 2-46 (24 days, 2500 miles). Developing as professional yacht delivery crewman and eventual captain. Growing expertise in boat and crew preparation for long passages. Good at provisioning and managing galley, keeping hot food available in adverse conditions. Strong helming, intermediate deck. Honing sailing and navigation skills. 4500 sea miles and 52 sea service days since May. ASA 101, 103 & 104, and working toward further certifications including USCG skipper's license. SF native, based in SF Bay Area and Honolulu. References and documents on request. Ready to fly. Let's talk! - (415) 939-5128 cell - Or PM me(8/16/10)If you're still looking for mature, reliable, well-behaved crew, let me know (I just turned a very young 60).Have crewed on sloop, cutter and ketch, so a trimaran sounds like a welcomed addition.--Ian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Head shot.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	18498  
Old 23-08-2010, 23:22   #17

Hi
What a great idea!
We're an american couple from California and have been traveling for over a year now. We're currently in South Korea. Just in case you're planning a little detour we'd love to join you on this trip all the way to Hawaii.
You can PM us.
Good luck with your adventure!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:01   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jay Kantola - Trimaran 65 ft by 40 ft beam
Just arrived in Singapore

Aloha..just arrived in Singapore...and if you mean a side trip to pick you up in South Korea...that is a bit far. If you can fly down here to Singapore we can get sailing. Trip is only going as far as Palau..and you would need to contribute $35 a day each.

Phil
Old 06-09-2010, 15:35   #19

Hi Phil
$35 a day each sounds reasonable. We also are willing to compensate you for some of the costs for sailing to Korea if you decide to make this trip. Let us know if you decide to head out this far.
Thanks,
Joe and Masha
Old 06-09-2010, 23:30   #20
Marine Service Provider

Going to Korea hmm.

Aloha Joe and Masha
I already have one Masha aboard. How funny. Anyway let me consider it a bit further..it isn't a bad idea as winds via Korea may be better.

I will contact in a few days.

Phil
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28   #21

Phil,
AWESOME! Were glad your considering it.

Joe and Masha
Old 08-09-2010, 07:23   #22
Marine Service Provider

Diversion to Korea

Aloha Joe and Masha
Okay. I can pick you up in Korea. It is about 2500 nautical miles out of the way and 30 days of sailing. However, you will get to sail the trip Korea down to Palau. With the added food and fuel costs to come collect you ... you would need to come up with 6500 USD.

It might be more practical to simply fly down to Singapore?

Phil
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59   #23

Hey Phil,
If the cost of you coming to Korea and then all of us heading to Palau is 6500 USD then we are definitely up for it!!! Our teaching contracts in Korea end in 12 days so the timing works out well. Let us know when your on your way!!!! WOOHOO!

Joe and Masha
Old 09-09-2010, 04:02   #24

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by globejoe View Post
Hey Phil,
If the cost of you coming to Korea and then all of us heading to Palau is 6500 USD then we are definitely up for it!!! Our teaching contracts in Korea end in 12 days so the timing works out well. Let us know when your on your way!!!! WOOHOO!

Joe and Masha
Speaking as a disinterested party to your proposed trip. I'd think that you need to come up with at least 50% of the money up front.
Just an observation
P.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
Old 12-09-2010, 00:50   #25

Hey Phil,
Haven't heard back from you. Wondering if you are already heading to Korea or if your still in Singapore.
Joe and Masha
Old 13-09-2010, 10:09   #26

I am interested in joining the journey. I am from the states, single, straight, 41, male, dependable, some experience sailing liveaboard in Caribbean.
Can you tell me more? Departure date, costs, etc.
I am very flexible and could also meet up along the way.
I need to see my girlfriend in Thailand this month and could then could go.
Contact here, or at: Docjohanson69 at Gmail dot com.
Old 27-09-2010, 01:04   #27

nicko55

Hi my name is nick I ama 55 y/o firefighter from melbourne Australia.I was a ships diver in the Navey reserve although I hold no civilan dive tiket, although not a great sailer I do sail regularly on a 40 foot mono, I have sailed on an F31 tri and loved it, I dream of finding a tri I can afford to port hop around the world. Well untill then I would love to join you on your trip, I have crewed on a ketch sailing from Truk lagoon to Cebu via Palau. If you like wreck diving Truk is the place to go, Oh yes I am married with 4 adult children and 5 grand children the wife might like to join me if I were to join your crew but not sure as she is not a keen sailor I would be available from november up until chritmas and then febuary onward.
hope to hear from you nick.
Old 29-09-2010, 20:26   #28
Marine Service Provider

Update on Boat Status -

Aloha,
I went down to Singapore on a shake down trip and found enough items on a punch list to justify turning around and heading back to Thailand.

It is so nice to own a big fast boat and just pop up to Thailand to fix a few things.

Anyway current plans are to head back to Singapore and then form there to Palau.

Projected schedule is now.

October 20th 2010 depart Phuket Thailand. 8 day trip to Singapore with stop at Rawi Island

October 29th 2010 - November 2nd Singapore One 15 Marina

November 2nd depart Singapore for Brunei...8 day sail to Brunei

November 10th - 15th Brunei Royal Yacht Club

November 16th to December 4th - 15-20 day sail to Palau

December 5th Palau (Great diving center)

For now, plans are to terminate trip in Palau and start up a small business providing sailing and live-aboard accommodations for divers.

Regards Phil
Old 02-10-2010, 19:13   #29

Hi Phill,
We guess you changed your mind about coming to Korea. Please confirm this so we can make other plans.

Thanks,
Joe and Masha
Old 07-10-2010, 12:01   #30

Sailing

Hi Phil,
My girlfriend and myself will be flying to Thailand in a few days ,
if you have any space for us we would love to come along , we have lots of small sailboat experience on lakes and rivers and are willing to learn the way of the ocean. We both have advanced diving tickets. Lots of time and enough money to keep traveling for a year.
Anyhow , if you are interested in showing us the way to this dream of ours we could easily come and meet you in Thailand.
Thanks
Steve

Tags
diving, gay, hawaii, Thailand, Pacific Ocean