Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 06:43   #31
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jay Kantola - Trimaran 65 ft by 40 ft beam
Crew for trip ... Phuket to Singapore..Onward to Palau

Steve,
Yes I have room on the boat for you and your girlfriend. Lets talk private..Send me an e=m to pbmaise a.t. y.a.h.o.o.com of course you need to make the correction for that.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:03   #32

Thumbs down NOT COOL!!!!!

PHIL,
WE PLANNED OUR TRIP AROUND THE FACT THAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD COME TO KOREA. WHEN WE DIDN'T HEAR BACK WE ASSUMED YOU WERE ON YOUR WAY. NOW WE REALIZE IT WAS JUST BULL. NOT COOL MAN....NOT COOL!
Old 09-10-2010, 23:45   #33
Marine Service Provider

Trip diversion to Korea

Aloha Joe and Masha
I think you guys are making a joke here. I offered to come to collect you in Korea for $6500 USD to justify the time and diversion. However, I also suggested it would be far better for you to just fly and meet me. A flight would have been less then $500 for the two of you. I know you are teachers and didn't beleive you could justify $6,000 of costs just so you could avoid a short flight. So I certainly thought you were having me on and pulling a joke on me when you said that you were fine with the charge.

My apologizes.

Further, when it comes to a sail boat, first and foremost is ship safety. Based upon the shake down trip to Singapore I found enough items to justify heading back to Thailand for some small changes. I will not make the same mistake that other captains have made by sailing unsafely just to meet a crew members flight or port. Trip insurance is sold for some of the most reliable forms of transportation where hardly anything evey goes wrong. It is amazing how people think a sail boat some how is more dependable then planes or trains.

Phil
Old 21-10-2010, 00:49   #34

Cruise underway?

Hello!

I am new to the cruiser forum, but not to sailing. I just saw your posts and am not sure if your trip is underway or not, but I will be in south east asia traveling around for the next few months and wanted to see if there is any opportunity for me to join your journey and help out! I am an experienced sailor, certified scuba, love to surf, great cook, and play a mean fiddle!

Let me know if you're around!

Thanks,
Shannon
Old 29-10-2010, 08:44   #35
Marine Service Provider

Trip Update..and Long Term Cruising Partner Search

Aloha,
I am getting ready to set out again from Thailand and projected dates are now..

November 7th depart Phuket Thailand
November 9th Rawi Island Thailand
November 18th Singapore
November 21st Set sail for Brunei
November 28th arrive Brunei...for rain forest hikes, and possible trip to Kina Balu.
December 5th depart Brunei
Late December 2010 Arrive Palau.

I have found 2 crew members via find a crew, and have 2 returning crew members. I still have room for 1 or 2 more.

I'm requesting 1000 Euros or equal for the entire trip no matter how many days. This includes food aboard, fuel, marina fees, port and immigration fees.

It is possible to join the trip for a shorter segment for $30 per day.

My overall intention is to get the boat to Palau and start a charter business running the boat form Palau to Yap.

However, the idea occurred to me that I might be able to find a long term cruising partner that wants to go to more places. I'm therefore, open to discussing your dream trip and have the boat to make it happen.
Old 31-10-2010, 17:33   #36

Hi I am very interested in sailing long term. I can't figure out how to private message you. Can fly out at a moment's notice....
Old 15-11-2010, 19:19   #37
Marine Service Provider

sail-crew to hawai

looking as crew,delivery,longterm sailing
i have yachtmaster license(B) 2Transatlantic and lots of hitchhiksailing worldwideSwiss,M,57,dive-instructer,good cook,speaks 5 languages.easygoing,frendly care,respectfull,handyma,worldtraveler.fit
stay in Kuala Lumpur,will travel nord , Penang Langkawi ,Thailand .......
i have lots of time and like to sail
thank's for your feedback
email:jpbdive@gmail.com

best regards
jpierre
Old 17-11-2010, 16:24   #38

Hi am am Martijn de liefde and would like to join you in singapore and sail all THE way to Hawaii. Or palau . Please lets make contact i am in phuket right now and Be anke to Fly from today please contact me on 31653400054 Or this cell phone 0828150717
Cheers martijn
Old 19-11-2010, 10:37   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Wind View Post
Aloha,
This is an opportunity to sail with me on my large, completely retrofitted, fast trimaran. I'm headed home to Hawaii from Thailand and stopping at my favorite remote islands and diving spots. If you are interested in more information send me an e-mail. The places I go vary from big city to a remote Pacific atoll. I go to places divers, surfers, photographers, and sailors consider to be paradise. You name it, Blue Hole, Blue Corner, Wall dives, rain forests, Little India, China town, fancy marinas, and tiny atolls where just 4 people live. We do it all.

Additionally, while undergoing the retrofit you have an opportunity to help out and learn how to do yacht maintenance. You get to learn new skills, and enjoy Thailand at the same time. Depending on skill sets I can pay for your help while you are here and give you room and board. Again e-mail me on that.

Paid charter positions are not projected to be available until after I am back in Hawaii. They are only open to US Citizens or green card holders.

A 4.5 month trip from Thailand to Hawaii - Estimated Departure July 25th, 2010
Stops at Thai Islands, Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands and anticipated arrival Hawaii November 29th, 2010. Each of these places is incredible for its own reasons, and diving is possible in most locations.
4. May 2011 Begin dive/sail charter business in Hawaii.

Among the upgrades to the boat this stop are, all new exterior paint, new deck lids, new pilot house glass, new mast, and rigging, new sails, a new oven, Thai artwork, and of course a brand new touch sensitive piano.

E-mail for full details.

In general food aboard tends to be low fat, high protein, and complex or low carb. In regards to meat, unless there is fresh fish, we generally thrive on canned tuna in water, salmon in water, and breast of chicken in water. Once in a while someone usually wants to make a meal using the canned roast beef. Breakfast is typically simply oatmeal, raisin bran in skim milk, or if I'm motivated, I will bake fresh bread. Problem is I bake fresh bread very well and like to eat it too. We share cooking duties, and on the way to Thailand we never had a formal setup as to who cooked when. It just came together and someone always felt like making something. Fresh fruits and vegetables are a yes when in port, and unfortunately most have to be eaten soon after leaving port. The one exception is good old healthy squash. Squash keeps well! Squash Thai style is very nice, and I will bake it in the oven with just a tiny bit of brown sugar.

My boat is big. It sleeps 12, however, we will do not travel long distances with any where near that many. This allows a space and a good mix of guys. Those that are able to contribute a nominal amount toward running costs in addition to their share food expenses are more likely to be selected to come. The amount depends on which part of the trip you attend and where you elect to stay. This said, I still screen paying passengers and already rejected 2.

I allocate space to a few crew that can only cover their own travel and personal food costs. These spots tend to be for younger sailors that have not earned money to go on a trip like this. I will not need to hire crew to go on this trip, paying crew is for what I go into charter business full time.

About Captain/Owner
48 U of M grad BSChE, resident Hawaii. Pacific sailor (one end to the other). Former catamaran racer, windsurfer, crew member on rowing teams, Hawaii outrigger paddle club. Longer sailing trips include: Hawaii to Canada, Thailand to Marshall Islands, and then Marshall Islands to Thailand. This will be my third trip across the same waters and each time I am getting to know which islands are the best to stop at and enjoy.

I'm gay. I'm not looking to meet a partner on via this site. I specifically want to discourage you from coming if you are hoping for a relationship of some sort. What I care about is whether you are a good member of the crew and help make the trip fun. A good member of a crew is always asking around if they can help out another crew member, and can set aside any personal task they are doing instantly to address an urgent need. Many hands make work light. Many hands that are available without giving 2 days notice and begging for input makes for both light and enjoyable work.

Note: I'm busy employing almost 3 dozen Thai workers, and coordinating several major projects at the same time. I apologize in advance for delays to requests for more information.
To,
HR ,

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out, if you consider me. As you have said "while undergoing the retrofit you have an opportunity to help out and learn how to do yacht maintenance. " I have done extensive retrofit or Re-fit work on ships earlier ; I would like to join this retrofit work from Thailand, & continue up to Hawaii & fly back or take an another boat to AU...,
I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification, Unlimited of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.
I hereby apply with your esteemed company, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. .. Hope you will find my skills useful & provide me an opportunity to serve you... My C.V. is attached herewith for your kind Consideration. Have keen sense for details, while following standard procedures. Good at trouble-shooting & repairs....
I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have a 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself, my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving ,Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home. Requesting an early reply.
Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block,Jayanagar,Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4eATyahooDOTcom

Tags
diving, gay, hawaii, Thailand, Pacific Ocean