Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2016, 05:49   #61

Boat: Orca 38
Re: Want to Buy 44' to 48' bluewate cutter rigged monohull

Not all of them!
Old 22-02-2016, 06:11   #62

Boat: Tayana 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Oh, the horror of it...

How cruisers have changed.

Jim
Changed, as in no need to stay upwind of us when you see us in port!

Of course there are more important features in a blue water boat than the showering arrangements, but why in the world would someone choose to live in a place where it was a major project to do something as simple as rinsing off under a shower head when it's a pretty easy thing to have a dedicated shower area. I know that older boats didn't traditionally have showers at all (when men were men but smelled more like goats), and if you spend most of your time in the tropics you can swim or rinse off on deck, but in less than tropical climates, for someone living aboard full time, I think it makes life a little nicer to be able to quickly shower and give the walls a quick squeegee and you're done. This, as opposed to wiping down the whole area with a towel that you then must attempt to dry out in a damp environment, and if someone has to use the head in between showers they can plan on their clothing getting all wet from the water that's still clinging to everything. You may be accustomed to no dedicated shower area and can make that work with just the two of you aboard, but if you throw in boat guests who also will share that same shower and head, it makes things a lot simpler and more comfortable to have just one area of the boat where all showering takes place, and everywhere else can stay dry. When offshore, it also makes a great wet locker to hang the off watch crews foulies to drip and dry before their next turn on deck. To each their own, but on a modern boat of almost 50' LOA, I see no reason to not devote 4 or 5 square feet to a shower/wet locker area.
Old 22-02-2016, 06:31   #63
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Want to Buy 44' to 48' bluewate cutter rigged monohull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate View Post
Oh, the horror of it...

How cruisers have changed.

Jim
That's why they advertise for crew these days.. wipe down the heads..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 20-03-2016, 22:46   #64

Boat: tayana custom 58

hi my name is marius.
We (me and my wife) just recently renovated our boat a tayana 58 completely. The intention was to start serious cruising till i bought a big house of a friend of mine (with trouble). Now my wife wants to stay and i will have to sell my dream. We stay in langkawi malaysia where the boat is as well.
Reg marius.
Old 21-03-2016, 12:34   #65

Boat: EDELCAT33

Have you consider a CAL39? is not a 44 ft boat, but headroom is excellent for a tall man like you (my uncle was 6'8" and loved my boat). I have one for sale in Miami for only $25K and is not a project boat - I have tried to post it here but I must be doing something wrong as I was rejected by the moderator ( tried again today). Is listed in Craiglist South Florida, is in the water with working motor, etc. Great boat for a couple - if not mine, there are other CAL39's in the market with more toys inside but prices at $40K to $65K
if you are interested, call me at 561-213-9038

Take care

Carlos
Old 30-03-2016, 11:41   #66

Boat: 45

There is a REALLY nice Bluewater Vagabond here in Wilmington. I looked at her. Impeccable maintenance log. Prev owner was an Army Surgeon. Boat is damn near perfect. $155k 47ft but a ketch. It's at Bennet Brothers yard in Wilmington, NC.

I passed as I really want a cat.
Old 03-04-2016, 21:50   #67

I have a 1970 John Alden Hawksbill motor-sailor for sale. Complete refit in 2012/13. Great headroom (min 6'6"). This boat was designed as long range gentleman's fishing boat. It is sloop rigged, aft cockpit, swim platform, flybridge, and is really a more motor than sailor. It carries 2100 gals of fuel and will go 4k miles on a tank @ 10 kts. It is an amazing sea boat. they just don't design them like that any more. It has solar panels, 40 gal hour water maker, new 10kw generator, 1989 naturally aspirated Cummins 185hp engine with 1000hrs. (its good for 10K hrs). All new LED lighting, washer-dryer, 14' RIB with a 25hp Yammy on the fore deck. Fiberglass hull and a 5'3" draft. Two steering stations, one in the main salon and the other in a fully enclosed fly-bridge. She is in Stuart Florida and we have just brought her up from Panama on half a tank of fuel in only six days. She really gets around in comfort with great speed (10kts cruise @ 1400 rpm). She just needs food and ice to be ready for the next cruise, not even a minor project boat. New refrigeration, aircon, SSB, Awlgrip, nothing left for you to do but point her towards the Bahamas. please contact me for a full inventory and pictures.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:51   #68

Hi faa50 ,

I have a bluewater monohull for sale, although not currently cutter rigged. I have the parts needed to add a staysail/stormjib, just haven't had the time to install. She's a 1978 Heritage Yacht West Indies 46 (with just under 7' head space in most areas) and currently at a really sweet deal at $79K. Have a look here -> For Sale: 1978 Heritage Yacht West Indies 46 - $79K - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Old 10-04-2016, 11:47   #69

I have a 1997 IP45 for sale. I have not yet listed it with a broker, but will probably do so shortly. It has most everything on your wish list except washer dryer (I've never used the watermaker, so can make no promises there). I have replaced the engine with a 75 hp Yanmar. Genset is relatively new, with fewer than 100 hours. Replaced: stove, Frigoboat refrigeration, waste tank and hoses, and many other updates, which I will be happy to supply you with if you are interested. Pre-brokerage asking price, $225,000.00. Email: peteashby2@msn.com
Old 10-04-2016, 14:57   #70
Sponsoring Vendor

Boat: Ex: 2006 Catalina 350 Now: 04 Mainship 400
Send a message via Skype™ to YachtBroker

If you are still looking, I have two very nice Tayana 48 centers for sale here in Texas. 2005 and 2000. We have a lot of nice upper 40' cruising boats right now. Beneteau and Jeanneau's included. All are on our website which should be below.
Direct line-713-817-7216--Houston Texas
Old 19-04-2016, 10:21   #71

Boat: Tartan 4300

we just decided to sell our Hylas 46 year 2000, with new engine (500h), new rigging, sails,solar panels, inverter, batteries, refrigeration, ac, radar, AIS, SSB radio, .....
we have been living aboard and the boat is in excellent shape. no project boat.
if you are interested i will provide the name of the broker.
JR
Old 19-04-2016, 11:26   #72

1987 kelly peterson available laying Marina Del Rey Calif 1987 almost Bristol, lots of extras
Old 19-04-2016, 17:10   #73

https://youtu.be/OKeCgR4d5H8

Gorgeous performance cruiser, Doug Peterson design and US built. Racer exterior with salty interior.
Fast but stable with a nice cruising conversion.
Hard dodger and bimini, open transom, queen aft cabin, crew berths, convertible dinette, tons of storage and seperate shower. People say she is a combination of a Swan, J-boat, Passport 40/42.
Open-listing, $94,500
Old 24-04-2016, 21:41   #74

Boat: SOLD! Dromor Athena 44 similar Dehler

Elessar (Dromor Athena 44) is best equipped for bluewater cruising. We stopped our sailing around the world in Bali, Indonesia, where you can visit the yacht. It is running under German flag and the VAT is paid in Netherlands. It is designet by Judel and Vrolijk. They are designer of many Dehler yachts and they also designed the German America's Cup Yacht. It is a very strong boat and all is very well constructed in the year 1994. It has new rig, new genoa, new gear box (all in the last one and a half year. Raymarine radar and plotter only 2,5 years old. It has all what you need for cruising, also watermaker, wind steering, solar and wind generator. A complete list is attached as pdf. The yacht is very fast and you have comfortable place in it.If you are interested I can send you more information. It is also listed here. If you go to yachthub just search for Dromor and you will also have a pdf file with complete equipment.
Old 24-04-2016, 23:49   #75

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

FWIW,

In California, languishing away, and for sale, is the vessel Mucho Gusto, a Gary Mull design, executed in Aluminum, and definitely a blue water performance boat. I knew her when she was new. I do not know in what condition she is now, but if you like a custom built boat by a very respected naval architect, you might check her out. She is listed here on CF, and might be elsewhere.

With aluminum boats, you have to look carefully at them, because if dirt and hence salty moisture has been allowed to gather, there may be pitting in the plates, also necessary to check all the welds.

Ann

PS. I have no connection whatsoever with the boat, merely friend of first owner.

Tags
cutter, hull, monohull