Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2010, 20:23   #1

Liferaft, SSB, Watermaker, Drogue

We have finished our Mexico Cruise and are selling some of our cruising gear:

Revere Liferaft – 6 person $1,300
Valise style. 1 Year old. 2 years left on certification before next inspection interval. Valise: Weight 70 lbs. 30.75" L x 12" W x 15" H Stored below decks.

ICOM 802 SSB Radio w/ AT-140 tuner $1700
The latest model. Single sideband radio complete with tuner. Remote mount of radio with detached head. 1 year old.

Spectra Ventura 150 Watermaker $3200
Complete with extra filters. I year old. Performing perfectly with low TDS number.

100 Cone Series Drogue $500
Complete with bridle, never deployed, as new.

Items located Bellingham thru next week and available Vancouver after Aug1st.

Contact Steve, svblackdragon@gmail.com
Old 14-07-2010, 11:09   #2

More Info on Spectra 150

I had enquiry on the watermaker and my response got bounced back (perhaps because I'm outside the US responding to a .mil account?). Anyway here are more details:

Glad to share more on the watermaker. The unit is the Spectra Ventura 150 Deluxe. It produces 150 gallons per day. It is the current model that Spectra produces, so you can find all the data and service information on their website.

We bought the unit new one year ago from the local dealer here in the Vancouver area. I didn't install and commission the unit until we were in Monterey Ca in October 2009. Since then we have used it for our cruise in Mexico continuously. The membrane has never been cleaned. It has never been left more the 4 or 5 days without use. It has been "pickled" only once and that was about 2 weeks ago in Mexico in preparation for trucking the boat home.

It has been working great. Total dissolved solids are usually around 250 to 350 ppm (Sea of Cortez). At present the unit is still installed in my boat which is clearing US customs this morning. It will arrive in Bellingham WA probably later this week. So it's possible to verify operation and TDS number in the water before purchase (I don't know where you are located, but I could take pictures or video for you if you like.)

I can decommission in Bellingham and arrange shipment. We will be bringing the boat back to Canada later this month, so I thought I would advertise now to allow a window for easy shipment to a US buyer.

Price at this point is firm. Buyer covers shipping cost. I'll look after getting it all packed up and dropped off at the local FedEx or UPS or whatever. Included is all the original bits that ship with the watermaker, plus an additional 30 micron prefilter cartridge and a bunch of 5 and 30 micron filters. The original hoses have been cut to fit my installation and may or may not be the right length for yours.

We are selling the unit because were reverting our Catalina 34 to local coastal cruising here in the Northwest where fresh water is plentiful.

Hope this helps.

Steve Dolling
S/V Blackdragon
Old 14-07-2010, 11:23   #3

Boat: L 34
Hi Waterdog, I am interested in the liferaft. What would be the shipping cost to Connecticut do you think? it's a heavy mother. ! I don't need it till sept so there's plenty of time for shipping.Also, is it a "coastal" or "ocean" raft. ?Thanks, Kevin.
Old 14-07-2010, 11:48   #4

Liferaft Shipping Cost

It looks like UPS Ground shipment for a 75 lb package would be about $85.

The raft is the coastal version. It costs a lot of money to certify rafts, so the coastal version is actually identical to the offshore version except it has a different (better according to the factory) pyrotechnics pack and no inflatable floor. Structurally they are identical. They recommended the coastal for use near shore (within a few hundred miles) and warmer water where rescue is likely within hours. If you plan to spend days in colder waters, go with the offshore and the inflatable floor.
Old 14-07-2010, 19:32   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cheoy Lee, 44 Cutter. Dolce Far Niente
I am interested in the life raft, water maker and SSB. Can you give me a call
305-394-6275. Rourke
Old 15-07-2010, 09:34   #6

Drogue Still Available

Wow. Newish gear priced well moves fast. The watermaker, ssb, and liferaft are all sold with some disappointed buyers left over. Damn, I should have priced higher!

Thanks everyone. The drogue is still available.
Old 17-07-2010, 09:08   #7

All items are now sold! Thank you.

Now it would be good if the broken down truck stopped 30 miles short of the boatyard would get moving. I fear if I start stripping out gear to meet my buyer commitments, it might start a roadside frenzy