Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2012, 17:26   #61

Re: $500.00 !! REWARD !! For Catamaran Under $120k

There is an interesting question....?

We don't ho\voe the ....maintenance ?...or the where.withal to maintain a beautiful boat we could buy for a hundred grand?

100 cash,is the best deal for a loved wise cat!

Imagine to frolic is the best boat offered for sale,if you truly want to sail?

I cant Imagine a more beautiful Cat that was for sale if i had the freedom to buy a Cat,cept me mom is kudos from Alzheimer's.

I would buy Imagine in a split second if I could get my mom onto a home before she dares.

I hope Imagine ids available when my 92 year old WW2 mom ,lets me free to buy.

Cause not only would I buy the boat sight unseen with our wisdom from John,I would get on my knees and ask if Melanoma would come with me.

Been there,buried my best wife,and jest want to sail away and begin to forget.

I love Imagine and I love John and I love Melanie and Gawd,I love his big cat!

'sceptic ya never been in pain...y'all never understand,,,

donut promise ya daddy when hes deigning 85,to look afta ya momma ,

lessen ya got DA balls and the guts to do it.

Cheers,one day at at time is a good day!,eh?
Old 23-08-2012, 22:58   #62

Boat: 1994 39 Privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Looks like the OP is going for an L37. Everything on the wish list was thrown out the window. All boats are compromises.
Aloha Sand Crab

The L37 actually has it all except the daggerboards. Sight shaft, owners version, galley up, with good bridge deck clearance for a production boat and well inside the budget to start.

I am still shopping tho I just going to take a look. I am very interested in the
Azuli. let the boat shopping continue

thank you
Old 23-08-2012, 23:04   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
I don't know. They're getting the size they wanted within the budget with good bridgedeck clearance and straight shaft drive. Their missing out on daggerboards and maybe owners version maybe not.
Aloha SMJ

You are right it has every thing except daggerboards. It is not a done deal. I am just making plans to go see it and gathering information. I am still shopping an interested in the azuli. The L37 is balsa core and has been on the hard for 3 years that scares me. The Azuli is a foam core and looks ready to go.
I will keep my eyes out and not make a hasty dissuasion.

Thanks for your time and info.
jack
Old 24-08-2012, 02:08   #64

Boat: Grainger cat

Quote:
Was that the Cite d Alet? If so was she in good shape? always liked that boat.
Yep, that's the one. Overall in good shape and really well equipped for the price. Outboard needed a service, couple of windows could be replaced. Like any older boat you could find endless small fiddly or cosmetic jobs to do, but you could pretty much sail off as the boat is. Nice owner.
We're after a longer term liveaboard and it was the saloon headroom issue and associated comfort factor that put us off. The boat crossed the Atlantic with the previous owner. Good size cockpit.
As an island cruiser it would be great; fast and fun.
Old 28-08-2012, 14:22   #65
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibious1 View Post
Thank you much Adelie for pointing this boat out. I have seen it on line. The catalacs dont have much bridge deck clearance. That is one thing that I think is important in a cat.
Thanks again tho
Interesting comment. You have just taken one of the best built catamarans ever made and dismissed it based on what exactly?

Catalacs have plenty of bridge deck clearance for their size. They have crossed oceans, and sailed through the worst hurricane (Queens birthday storm) recorded without injuries. 600 boats built and 30 years later yet none have ever been lost due to heavy seas.

I'm very curious to learn what expert says they didn't design enough bridge deck clearance?
Old 28-08-2012, 16:20   #66

Aloha ALL

Big thank you for all the views and responses to our post...

We are still shopping and learning about different Cats.
As for now the 37 Lagoon in Grenada is at the top of the list. We are gather info and
planning a trip south to see her soon..

Once again huge thank you to the CF community
The $500. is still up for grabs keep a eye out..
Old 28-08-2012, 18:24   #67
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
Interesting comment. You have just taken one of the best built catamarans ever made and dismissed it based on what exactly?

Catalacs have plenty of bridge deck clearance for their size. They have crossed oceans, and sailed through the worst hurricane (Queens birthday storm) recorded without injuries. 600 boats built and 30 years later yet none have ever been lost due to heavy seas.

I'm very curious to learn what expert says they didn't design enough bridge deck clearance?
I'm not familiar with the Catalac 41 but both the Catalac 27 and 34 has tremendous bridgedeck clearance especially if you take into account the distance between the hulls.
Old 28-08-2012, 22:28   #68

Boat: custom performance catamaran 38'
Send a message via Yahoo to Danny North Send a message via Skype™ to Danny North

Our 38' cat Deva is for sale. $85K. Composite, one double in each hull, enclosed bridgedeck, outboard powered, Aussie style. Chamberlin design, custom built by OSTAC in Brisbane, Qld 1992.

On the hard in Nevis St Kitts, if you are heading for the Caribe to look at cats would be worth your time to see her.

Pics on my Facebook page, Danny North or northsails.facebook.com or email me at sydevaatgmaildottcom delete and change to proper email obviously.

She is custom built, refit in 2010, needs two new 9.9 four stroke outboards, new batteries, and some 10mm line to replace some running rigging. Currently on the hard in St Kitts. or ring me in Indonesia on Pelagic: cell +62 812 664 0163 or email sydeva@gmail.com
Old 29-08-2012, 04:40   #69

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Man too bad you wouldn't consider a slightly smaller cat. THE AMI Renaissance 320 in Pensacola fl is Cherry!
we love ours the boats are in credibly well made fast safe and as much storage and accommodations as the 37. Great bridge deck clearance too. He has dropped from 120 to 99k I believe
Old 29-08-2012, 04:43   #70

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120829_064202.png
Views:	248
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	45717

Just some pics if anyone was curious
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120829_064217.png
Views:	219
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	45718  
Old 29-08-2012, 05:06   #71
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran

Quote:
I'm not familiar with the Catalac 41 but both the Catalac 27 and 34 has tremendous bridgedeck clearance especially if you take into account the distance between the hulls.
Yes they do, yet here we have someone who is obviously not familiar with Catalacs offering 'expert' opinions to a boat shopper.
Old 29-08-2012, 05:08   #72
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamif27 View Post
You say: "Owners version, good bridge deck clearance, galley up, straight shafts and dagger boards"

I don't think the boat exists with all that, and likely not for $120K. The Catanas have everything you want but the 'straight shaft' which I assume you mean you don't want a saildrive, good luck with that in a cat. The only other option I can think of would be Shuttleworth, but then they're not galley down and they're generally engined with outboards. Your next best options are the Outremers, next then the Fontaine-Pajots, although the FP are mini-keeled.

Wait, I just remembered:
Catamarans for sale

I went and looked at this boat, and I mean within the last six months. (former name SANTANA) She was under contract at the time, had sold for $200K I think it was. She's for sale again, I'd be curious to find out why she's selling again so soon. You might can get her knocked down pretty good.

My personal experience is that asking price is not reflective of selling price, by a fairly long shot

Ahhh Another boat I have worked on. Knew the owner well.
Old 29-08-2012, 07:33   #73
Marine Service Provider

Im in Grenada, didnt look at L37...been busy with charter

But broker said they would 84k without flinching

Also be carefully Grenada is shady...used to be nice.....

Within last week one robber at gun point (yacht next to us)

Dinghy stole from another

One yacht got robbed 11passports, 4k cash, computers and laptops

This week alone

Cheers david
Old 31-08-2012, 22:10   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny North View Post
Our 38' cat Deva is for sale. $85K. Composite, one double in each hull, enclosed bridgedeck, outboard powered, Aussie style. Chamberlin design, custom built by OSTAC in Brisbane, Qld 1992.

On the hard in Nevis St Kitts, if you are heading for the Caribe to look at cats would be worth your time to see her.

Pics on my Facebook page, Danny North or northsails.facebook.com or email me at sydevaatgmaildottcom delete and change to proper email obviously.

She is custom built, refit in 2010, needs two new 9.9 four stroke outboards, new batteries, and some 10mm line to replace some running rigging. Currently on the hard in St Kitts. or ring me in Indonesia on Pelagic: cell +62 812 664 0163 or email sydeva@gmail.com

I looked at your boat a view weeks back. Then today I spent hours studding it. Wow she is a very beautiful cat with lots of great design features. I love the simplicity of it all. The no standing head room in the galley is a hard sell for Nicole and me as well. I do think it is a amazing boat. I loved all of your pictures especially that never ending left point break..
Thank you for the post
Jack
Old 31-08-2012, 22:59   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post

Aloha Tropic Cat

Thank you for your post and information. I will be the first to say I have not sailed on a Catalac. I am sure all that you say is true. They may very well be one of the best cats ever made!! The only thing I have to base My "opinion" is the pictures I see of the boats Here are 3 pics 2 of a 12m and one of a 8m.
In My "Opinion" this looks like it would slam going to weather..
I mean no offense to the catalac just my opinion..

Thank you for your info I will give the Catalac a closer look next time I see one on the dock...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12M-1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	45865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Catalac 8M catamaran Vagabond aft.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	45866  

Name:	angel_louise2.jpg