Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2015, 02:51   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Helia 44
Why We Chose the Helia 44 to Sail Around the World In

We've just upgraded from our Catalina 34 coastal cruiser to the Helia 44 to do a 5-year circumnavigation on. We considered a lot of catamarans, both used and new, and here's a little write-up on the reasons why we settled on the Helia for this epic trip.

Looking forward to connecting with other catamaran owners and learning from other sailors' experiences, as this is our first catamaran (and we have no idea what we're doing!)

Choosing the Right Boat: The Fountaine Pajot Helia 44
Cheeky Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 09:07   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Why We Chose the Helia 44 to Sail Around the World In

I had to laugh at the comment by Pierre you mentioned on your blog " but this is not a problem" hahah, that's so Pierre.
Enjoy the trip, say hi and big bisous to Pierre and co from Rob and Jen on Sephina. Enjoy La Rochelle, it's perfect this time of year! Btw, it's best to have a sheet and a guy each side of the parasailor (2 lines on each tack) for full control.
Cheers
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 15:47   #3

Boat: H280

Very nice write-up. Thank you! I look forward to reading more of your adventures.

GL!

FnM
Magic1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 14:10   #4

Boat: Future FP

Tasha, great write up! When you have time, I'm sure others would love to know about all the goodies you had put on Cheeky Monkey. What did you have FP install and what did you do aftermarket (and with whom). We need to know all the important stuff..... how well does the pink bean bag chair work??? But seriously, what electronics did you change, etc, etc.
Sail on! Rob
Livelifeday2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 14:27   #5

Boat: Catana 471

You do understand, don't you, that by international convention, illuminating underwater lights on a sailing vessel in any anchorage with other sailing vessels, indicates that all within sight are invited aboard and YOU provide the libations? Thanks in advance.

Dave
2Hulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 22:58   #6

Boat: H280

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hulls View Post
You do understand, don't you, that by international convention, illuminating underwater lights on a sailing vessel in any anchorage with other sailing vessels, indicates that all within sight are invited aboard and YOU provide the libations? Thanks in advance.

Dave
+1

But i would like to hear more about the options. I am planning on exploring in Oct in Maryland, but, want as much as i can find out ahead of time!
Magic1st is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
round the world, sail