Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-06-2013, 11:44   #271

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Weather Routing

This time I thought I would try it all outside of MSVC because that has been a problem in the past. So I rest my release version of Opencpn to 3.2.0, Compiled the plugins for "Release" in MSVC release setting (v3.3.604) and copied the release dlls into my opencpn release version. They did not work or even show up due to the error checking system. So I changed my Opencpn release version back to 3.3.604 and the both plugins appeared.

Also Weather_routing was very different, and it ran using climatology, notice the area outside of the rectangular grib winds area, that is the Climate data kicking in.
It seems to work! Why is it different in release version use?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-in-Release-3.3604.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	440.7 KB
ID:	62919  
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 12:12   #272

Routing above for 37 days, 4227 nm.

So, now I ask, wwwhyyy? does MSVC always steal my time? I spent the entire morning testing and compiling using MSVC debugger!! It appears MSVCdebugger is ONE BIG BUG! --Never again, if it compiles, first test a release version. Then if there is trouble, test it as Debug in MSVC. Now I ask if it does not make sense to try some other compiler that is better? -Sean mentioned MinGW | Minimalist GNU for Windows -are there any known issues or incompatibilities with Opencpn enviroment?

I am missing the big point. Its WORKING! Awesome, and it figured out the best way to go around Papua New Guinea!

Now I should get this compiled under Opencpn 3.2.0 rather than 3.3.604. That means rolling MSVC back to 3.2.0 somehow using Git.

I wonder why Wx-rte is not working in Linux though.
Old 20-06-2013, 12:28   #273

This time I made a new route, and turned on Current calcs. It results in 27 days and a lot longer 4800 nm.

Don't know why all the pretty, dense isochrones.

THANK YOU Sean, I am sure there are other things to do, but this is much better.
I need to get used to the interface too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-in-Release-3.3604-with-Currents-ON.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	62934  
Old 20-06-2013, 13:05   #274

Here are some Multiple Routings that are stored for recall using the new interface.

1. Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-NZBayofIslds to Philipines-no-currents.jpg
2. Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-NZBayofIslds to Philipines-with-currents.jpg
3. Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-NZBayofIslds to Philipines-with-currents -Gets stuck on Papau New Guinea.jpg

Currents make isochrones squirrelly and they do not complete all the way to Phillipines.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-NZBayofIslds-Philipines-no-currents.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	62940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-NZBayofIslds-Philipines-with-currents.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	449.2 KB
ID:	62941  

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-NZBayofIslds-Philipines-with-currents-Gets-stuck-on-New-Guinea.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	440.5 KB
ID:	62942  
Old 20-06-2013, 18:44   #275

Boat: Hylas 44

This patch should fix the "list iterator not incrementable" assert error when executing the MSVC debug version of Weather Routing.

Code:
diff --git a/src/WeatherRouting.cpp b/src/WeatherRouting.cpp
index 59735d3..465268e 100644
--- a/src/WeatherRouting.cpp
+++ b/src/WeatherRouting.cpp
@@ -466,19 +466,21 @@ void WeatherRouting::OnComputationTimer( wxTimerEvent & )
 {
     bool update = false;
     for(std::list<RouteMapOverlay*>::iterator it = m_RunningRouteMaps.begin();
-        it != m_RunningRouteMaps.end(); it++) {
+        it != m_RunningRouteMaps.end(); ){
         RouteMapOverlay *routemapoverlay = *it;
         if(!routemapoverlay->Running()) {
             UpdateRouteMap(routemapoverlay);

-            std::list<RouteMapOverlay*>::iterator prev = it;
-            prev--;
-            m_RunningRouteMaps.erase(it);
-            it = prev;
+//          std::list<RouteMapOverlay*>::iterator prev = i;            
+            it = m_RunningRouteMaps.erase(it);
+//          prev--;
+//          it = prev;

m_gProgress->SetValue(m_RoutesToRun - m_WaitingRouteMaps.size() - m_RunningRouteMaps.size());
             update = true;
             continue;
+        }else{
+            it++;
         }
ChuckSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2013, 22:30   #276

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Chuck,

Once again here to provide neat fixes! I realize it takes time to track this stuff down and I really appreciate the help.

As for routing with currents doing weird things.. it is a known issue but very complicated so I have put it off. It is pretty high on my list now though.

Now.. if anyone can get routing bugs to appear without currents, those could be reported separate along with the configuration (saves to xml file so posting routing configurations should be possible now)

Currently my main next focus is debugging the routing issues issues, and fixing them, not sure how far I will get. I'm waiting a few more days for weather it seems.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 00:40   #277

In the various screens in previous posts, I see the Climatology Display Control box showing more option than I see in mine. In "about" it says version 0.2 The options shown are:
- Wind
- Current
- Cyclones

Any idea what could be the case?
George64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 03:57   #278

George
In Config, Have you enabled Wind, Current and Cyclones? Config - Checkbox end of 1st line
Data, do you have all the data files?
Old 21-06-2013, 04:39   #279

Have managed to set up an "opencpn-3.2.0" version in git with Pavel's help.
cd opencpn (the local git directory)
git checkout opencpn-3.2.0
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
cmake --build .

Pavel's direction seems so simple and it provided the way forward towards a v3.2.0 compile, after simply deleting all files and directories under the local opencpn directory, and then git cloning the whole shooting match again. Then the "git checkout opencpn-3.2.0" (use that tag exactly) worked!

It appears that compiling the plugins under v3.2.0 has some issues.
1. I had to comment a cmakefile call for language plugins in both plugins, because we were missing some language file.
2. Weather-routing had errors during compilation and failed.
3. Climatology compiles and runs but the TABS don't work and Cyclones don't work again.
3. I also updated the grib plugin that JP and Sean worked on and compiled successfully and runs.

I am asking if we really should be trying to make these work under Opencpn v3.2.0 when they seem to compile and run ok under Opencpn v3.3.604? What is the "rollout" schedule? and is it worth the effort?

Maybe we should just be concentrating on and testing getting it running in v3.3.604 because Sean is not going to be here long?
Old 21-06-2013, 04:45   #280

I want to know who this mysterious guy is ChuckSK who keeps sending us helpful fixes out of the blue! How does he do it?

Somehow he knows the MSVC compiler well enough to reorder stuff to make it acceptable, because MSVC is such a picky eater.

Anyway thank you, Chuck. You're particular brand of magic, along with Sean's is quite remarkable. I am going to try that fix, along with Chuck's TAB fix and Cyclone fix, (I though Sean had incorporated those...and I wonder why it is not an issue using 3.3.604?) with Opencpn v3.2.0, but still ask the question, what Opencpn version should we be targeting for compilation?
Old 21-06-2013, 04:54   #281

I tried Opencpn v3.3.424 with the dll plugins compiled in MSVC with Opencpn v3.2.0
They exhibit the same characteristics when being used in v3.2.0:
Climatology - no tabs, no cyclones
Weather Routing - does not compile

To be clear, when I compile with MSVC using v3.3.604 these problems go away.

PS: SEAN I do not yet have the git pull request setup for changes to code (getting close), so I put comments into Git Climatology code under seandepagnier with the changes that ChuckSK suggested.
1. Tab
2. Cyclones - add an "r" to make it "rb"
3. I did not add comments for the changes we had to get Wx-Routing reading Climatology. Those are in the threads above and in Climatology, but you probably don't need them.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wx-Rte-Climatology-Testing-Opencpnv3.3.424-noTABS-noCyclones-noWxRte.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	62963  
Old 21-06-2013, 05:09   #282

To complete cmake .. in Opencpn v 3.2.0 need to comment out these lines in cmakefile.txt in each of the Climatology_pi and Weather_Routing_pi plugins.

# INCLUDE("../PluginLocalization.cmake")
# PLUGIN_LOCALIZATION()
Old 21-06-2013, 05:31   #283

After making the changes ChuckSK suggested. Running cmake .. and cmake --build . this is the output (using Opencpn version 3.2.0)
2 Warning(s)
23 Error(s)
Build Failed

Code:
Creating "Win32\Debug\dashboard-i18n\dashboard-i18n.unsuccessfulbuild" because
 "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
CustomBuild:
  dashboard-i18n: Done.
FinalizeBuildStatus:
  Deleting file "Win32\Debug\dashboard-i18n\dashboard-i18n.unsuccessfulbuild".
  Touching "Win32\Debug\dashboard-i18n\dashboard-i18n.lastbuildstate".
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\dash
board_pi\dashboard-i18n.vcxproj" (default targets).
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "dashboard_pi.dir\Debug\dashboard_pi.unsuccessfulbuild" because "Alwa
ysCreate" was specified.
CustomBuild:
  All outputs are up-to-date.
ClCompile:
ManifestResourceCompile:
Link:
Manifest:
FinalizeBuildStatus:
  Deleting file "dashboard_pi.dir\Debug\dashboard_pi.unsuccessfulbuild".
  Touching "dashboard_pi.dir\Debug\dashboard_pi.lastbuildstate".
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\dash
board_pi\dashboard_pi.vcxproj" (default targets).
Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (1) is
building "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib_pi\grib_pi.v
cxproj" (13) on node 1 (default targets).
Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib_pi\grib_pi.vc
xproj" (13) is building "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\gr
ib_pi\grib-i18n.vcxproj" (14) on node 1 (default targets).
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "Win32\Debug\grib-i18n\grib-i18n.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCr
eate" was specified.
CustomBuild:
  grib-i18n: Done.
FinalizeBuildStatus:
  Deleting file "Win32\Debug\grib-i18n\grib-i18n.unsuccessfulbuild".
  Touching "Win32\Debug\grib-i18n\grib-i18n.lastbuildstate".
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib
_pi\grib-i18n.vcxproj" (default targets).
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Creating "grib_pi.dir\Debug\grib_pi.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate"
was specified.
CustomBuild:
ClCompile:
ManifestResourceCompile:
Link:
Manifest:
FinalizeBuildStatus:
  Deleting file "grib_pi.dir\Debug\grib_pi.unsuccessfulbuild".
  Touching "grib_pi.dir\Debug\grib_pi.lastbuildstate".
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\grib
_pi\grib_pi.vcxproj" (default targets).
Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (1) is
building "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_p
i\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj" (15) on node 1 (default targets).
InitializeBuildStatus:
  Touching "weather_routing_pi.dir\Debug\weather_routing_pi.unsuccessfulbuild".
CustomBuild:
ClCompile:
  c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\CL.exe /c /I"C:/wxW
idgets-2.8.12/lib/vc_dll/mswu" /I"C:/wxWidgets-2.8.12/include" /IC:/Users/Rick/D
ocuments/GitHub/OpenCPN/include /IC:/Users/Rick/Documents/GitHub/OpenCPN/src /IC
:/Users/Rick/Documents/GitHub/OpenCPN/src/nmea0183 /IC:/Users/Rick/Documents/Git
Hub/OpenCPN/src/mygdal /IC:/Users/Rick/Documents/GitHub/OpenCPN/src/garmin/jeeps
 /I"C:/Users/Rick/Documents/GitHub/OpenCPN/plugins/weather_routing_pi/../grib_pi
/src/zlib-1.2.3" /IC:/Users/Rick/Documents/GitHub/OpenCPN/plugins/weather_routing_pi/../grib_pi/src/bzip2 /Zi /nologo /W3 /WX- /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /D WIN32 /D _WINDOWS /D _DEBUG /D WXUSINGDLL /D UNICODE /D _UNICODE /D USE_GLU_TESS /D __MSVC__ /D
_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /D _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D PSAPI_VERSION=1 /D TIXM
L_USE_STL /D USE_S57 /D USE_GARMINHOST /D __WIN32__ /D __MSVC__ /D _CRT_NONSTDC_
NO_DEPRECATE /D _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D WXUSINGDLL /D UNICODE /D _UNICODE /D
 _DEBUG /D __WXDEBUG__ /D _DEBUG /D __WXDEBUG__ /D "CMAKE_INTDIR=\"Debug\"" /D w
eather_routing_pi_EXPORTS /D _WINDLL /D _UNICODE /D UNICODE /Gm- /EHsc /RTC1 /MD
d /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /GR /Fo"weather_routing_pi.dir\Debug\
\" /Fd"C:/Users/Rick/Documents/GitHub/OpenCPN/build/plugins/weather_routing_pi/D
ebug/weather_routing_pi.pdb" /Gd /TP /analyze- /errorReport:queue ..\..\..\plugi
ns\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMap.cpp ..\..\..\plugin\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.cpp  /
Zm1000
  WeatherRouting.cpp
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOv
erlay.h(71): warning C4800: 'RouteMapOverlayThread *' : forcing value to bool 't
rue' or 'false' (performance warning) [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\bu
ild\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(479): error C2675: unary '+' : 'std::_List_iterator<_Mylist>' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\
GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
          with
          [
              _Mylist=std::_List_val<RouteMapOverlay *,std::allocator<RouteMapOv
erlay *>>
          ]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(483): error C2171: '+
' : illegal on operands of type 'void' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\b
uild\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(483): error C2171: '+
' : illegal on operands of type 'void' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\b
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(486): error C2059: sy
ntax error : '}' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_r
outing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(487): error C2675: un
ary '+' : 'std::_List_iterator<_Mylist>' does not define this operator or a conv
ersion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\
GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
          with
          [
              _Mylist=std::_List_val<RouteMapOverlay *,std::allocator<RouteMapOv
erlay *>>
          ]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2065: 'P
lugIn_Track' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\bui
ld\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2065: 'n
ewTrack' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\p
lugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2061: sy
ntax error : identifier 'PlugIn_Track' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\b
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(877): error C2065: 'n
ewTrack' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\p
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(877): error C2227: le
ft of '->m_NameString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users\R
ick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi
.vcxproj]
          type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(880): error C2065: 'P
lugIn_Waypoint' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\
build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(880): error C2065: 'n
ewPoint' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\p
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(881): error C2061: sy
ntax error : identifier 'PlugIn_Waypoint' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCP
N\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(883): error C2065: 'n
ewPoint' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\p
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(883): error C2227: le
ft of '->m_CreateTime' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users\R
ick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi
.vcxproj]
          type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2065: 'n
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2227: le
ft of '->pWaypointList' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users\
Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_p
i.vcxproj]
          type is ''unknown-type''
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2227: le
ft of '->Append' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users\Rick\Do
cuments\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxpr
oj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2065: 'n
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(887): error C2065: 'n
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(887): error C3861: 'A
ddPlugInTrack': identifier not found [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\bui
ld\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  RouteMap.cpp
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMap.cpp(74): fatal error C1083: Can
not open include file: '../../grib_pi/src/GribRecordSet.h': No such file or dire
ctory [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\w
eather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  RouteMapOverlay.cpp
c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOv
erlay.h(71): warning C4800: 'RouteMapOverlayThread *' : forcing value to bool 't
rue' or 'false' (performance warning) [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\bu
ild\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.cpp(472): error C3861: '
DistanceBearingMercator_Plugin': identifier not found [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\G
itHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  Generating Code...
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weat
her_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL_BUILD.vc
xproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target
) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (15) ->(ClCompile target) ->c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.h(71): warning C4800: 'RouteMapOverlayThread *' : forcing value to bool'true' or 'false' (performance warning) [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\
build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.h(71): warning C4800: 'RouteMapOverlayThread *' : forcing value to bool'true' or 'false' (performance warning) [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]

"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (default target) (1) ->"C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj" (default target) (15) ->(ClCompile target) ->..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(479): error C2675:
unary '+' : 'std::_List_iterator<_Mylist>' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(483): error C2171:
'+' : illegal on operands of type 'void' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN
\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(483): error C2171:
'+' : illegal on operands of type 'void' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN
\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(486): error C2059:
syntax error : '}' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather
_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(487): error C2675:
unary '+' : 'std::_List_iterator<_Mylist>' does not define this operator or a co
nversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2065:
'PlugIn_Track' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2065:
'newTrack' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2061:
syntax error : identifier 'PlugIn_Track' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(877): error C2065:
'newTrack' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(877): error C2227:
left of '->m_NameString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(880): error C2065:
'PlugIn_Waypoint' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(880): error C2065:
'newPoint' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(881): error C2061:
syntax error : identifier 'PlugIn_Waypoint' [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(883): error C2065:
'newPoint' : undeclared identifier [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(883): error C2227:
left of '->m_CreateTime' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users
\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2065:
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2227:left of '->pWaypointList' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2227:
left of '->Append' must point to class/struct/union/generic type [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcx
proj]..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2065:
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(887): error C2065:
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(887): error C3861:
'AddPlugInTrack': identifier not found [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMap.cpp(74): fatal error C1083: C
annot open include file: '../../grib_pi/src/GribRecordSet.h': No such file or directory [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]
  ..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.cpp(472): error C3861:
 'DistanceBearingMercator_Plugin': identifier not found [C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build\plugins\weather_routing_pi\weather_routing_pi.vcxproj]

2 Warning(s)
    23 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:07.99

C:\Users\Rick\Documents\GitHub\OpenCPN\build>
Old 21-06-2013, 05:35   #284

Here is the MSVC version which is shorter. I think Wx-Rte is having trouble finding some improvements made in 3.3.604 which were to enable cursor setting of start and end of route. Please advise....continue with using Opencpn v 3.2.0 or NOT?
If NOT, then what? Compile using Opencpn v 3.3.604?

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: ZERO_CHECK, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>------ Build started: Project: dashboard-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>------ Build started: Project: grib-i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>  dashboard-i18n: Done.
5>------ Skipped Build: Project: dashboard-po-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
6>------ Skipped Build: Project: grib-po-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
6>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
7>------ Skipped Build: Project: grib-pot-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
8>------ Skipped Build: Project: po-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
8>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
9>------ Skipped Build: Project: pot-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
10>------ Skipped Build: Project: dashboard-pot-update, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
10>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
2>  i18n: Done.
4>  grib-i18n: Done.
11>------ Build started: Project: weather_routing_pi, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
12>------ Skipped Build: Project: dummy, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
12>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
11>  WeatherRouting.cpp
11>c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.h(71): warning C4800: 'RouteMapOverlayThread *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(479): error C2675: unary '+' : 'std::_List_iterator<_Mylist>' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
11>          with
11>          [
11>              _Mylist=std::_List_val<RouteMapOverlay *,std::allocator<RouteMapOverlay *>>
11>          ]
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(483): error C2171: '+' : illegal on operands of type 'void'
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(483): error C2171: '+' : illegal on operands of type 'void'
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(486): error C2059: syntax error : '}'
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(487): error C2675: unary '+' : 'std::_List_iterator<_Mylist>' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
11>          with
11>          [
11>              _Mylist=std::_List_val<RouteMapOverlay *,std::allocator<RouteMapOverlay *>>
11>          ]
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2065: 'PlugIn_Track' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2065: 'newTrack' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(876): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PlugIn_Track'
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(877): error C2065: 'newTrack' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(877): error C2227: left of '->m_NameString' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
11>          type is ''unknown-type''
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(880): error C2065: 'PlugIn_Waypoint' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(880): error C2065: 'newPoint' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(881): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PlugIn_Waypoint'
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(883): error C2065: 'newPoint' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(883): error C2227: left of '->m_CreateTime' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2065: 'newTrack' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2227: left of '->pWaypointList' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2227: left of '->Append' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(884): error C2065: 'newPoint' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(887): error C2065: 'newTrack' : undeclared identifier
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\WeatherRouting.cpp(887): error C3861: 'AddPlugInTrack': identifier not found
11>  RouteMap.cpp
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMap.cpp(74): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../../grib_pi/src/GribRecordSet.h': No such file or directory
11>  RouteMapOverlay.cpp
11>c:\users\rick\documents\github\opencpn\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.h(71): warning C4800: 'RouteMapOverlayThread *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
11>..\..\..\plugins\weather_routing_pi\src\RouteMapOverlay.cpp(472): error C3861: 'DistanceBearingMercator_Plugin': identifier not found
11>  Generating Code...
13>------ Build started: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
13>  Build all projects
14>------ Skipped Build: Project: PACKAGE, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
14>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
15>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
15>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration 
========== Build: 5 succeeded, 1 failed, 9 up-to-date, 9 skipped ==========
Old 21-06-2013, 05:44   #285

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

weather routing is using new features not in the older opencpn.
I only plan to support the latest version.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle, weather