Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 05:59   #121

Boat: Gemini 3200
Re: OpenCPN Beta Version 3.3.1606 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Hmmm....
While I was able to reproduce the misreported behavior, I'm not able to reproduce this at all. Anyway, the cause and the cure should be the same, so let's see if it will disappear in the next beta with what was commited today.

Pavel
I came out to the boat and tried again this morning. I found I didn't have to do any more than activate the Route Manager. When I close the Route Manager focus doesn't return to the chart display. It seems to work the same way every time. It works fine on Windows Vista and Windows 8. I'll check for it again when the next beta comes out.

I can't remember if I ever had a problem with lost focus when exiting settings. If so, it hasn't happened recently and isn't repeatable for me the way the Route Manager issue is.

I'm also experiencing some intermittent failures connecting to my GPS and exiting the program. I've attached the log file from today's session, which exhibited both the failure to return focus from Route Manager and a failed shut down. (The GPS connection was fine, though.)

The GPS connection problem is harder to isolate. I'm using a BU-353. Most of the time it just works. Sometimes, though, OpenCPN fails to get a good position even though data is clearly flowing in the NMEA debug window and the GPS is reporting a good position. I've tried removing the connection and adding it back, restarting OpenCPN, and restarting the computer. All of them seem to work sometimes but not always. I'll report back when I know more.

Fabbian
Attached Files
File Type: doc 20140506-opencpn.log.doc (3.8 KB, 52 views)
fgd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:54   #122

Boat: Gemini 3200

I found more strange behavior running 3.3.1606 under Ubuntu 12.04. I stepped through the settings tabs looking for any instances that might cause lost focus. I noticed my toolbar became transparent inconsistently. Although the box to enable transparent toolbar (settings->User Interface) was checked, the toolbar is not transparent when the program starts. But if I visit each tab in settings the toolbar will be transparent when I exit settings. If I then return to settings->User Interface and click "OK" (without changing anything, leaving the transparent toolbar box checked) the toolbar will no longer be transparent.

Even though the transparent toolbar box is checked the program doesn't start with a transparent toolbar. I got it to start with a transparent toolbar once, but I don't remember how and I haven't been able to repeat it.

Now I'll have to try a Windows version and see how it compares.

Fabbian
fgd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:46   #123

Boat: Beneteau First 29 Ptizef

On Windows Vista, both 3.3.1606 and the last git, the setting's parameter is checked and grayed and, and I can't get transparent toolbar
JP
Ptizef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn