Version 3.3 Beta Build 1606 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
214. Improve GRIB user interface (FS#1240)
215. Correct NMEA
MDA sentence checksum calculation.
216. Correct Dashboard wind
logic to use MWD sentence
217. Correct wind
and baro history
graphics for linux
218. Improve GRIB Pi performance and memory footprint.
219. Grib PI: Correct wind direction arrows in course-up mode.
220. Correct TCPA format (FS1289)
221. Correct metres abbreviation to "m" (FS#1336)
222. Correct double click object query behaviour for PlugIn raster charts
223. Improve S52 symbolization of ESSA/PSSA
224. Correct OpenGL GRIB OVerlay y-axis orientation.
225. Add GRIB support for altitude parameter display. Ptizef..
226. Correct chart bar item colour to GREEN for PlugIn Vector charts
227. Modify vector record
ID data type (hash key) to unsigned int. (FS#1343)
228. Improve error/warning reporting for ENC
SENC building (FS#1343)
229. Correct S57 ENC
processing of UTF-16 data fields. (FS#1343)
230. Correct "Center View" logic for skewed charts.
231. Improve PlugIn blacklist detection and reporting.
232. Improve GRIB user interface and colour schemes.
233. Correct behaviour of ">" symbol in Route
Properties dialog (FS#1262)
234. Correct for duplicate shared waypoints on route import
235. Implement layer delete confirmation dialog (FS#1357)
236. Improve TCP server datastream loss-of-client responsiveness.
237. Correct AIS
target list and query display for named base stations (FS#1359)
238. Improve error messages for Garmin GPS
upload failure due to no device present.
239. Enable current
vector value display when chart scale is small (FS#1275)
240. Improve Route time/distance display algorithm for routes starting "Now" (FS#1262)
241. Initial implementation of Touch/Tablet UI
242. Improve item count report and logging on layer import
242: This is a first cut on a Touchscreen/Tablet user interface. The idea here is to have one checkbox in options->Display to enable this mode, and thus avoid lots of fussy user configurable items for individual behaviors/actions. In other words, just "do the right thing" when enabled for Tablet/Touch systems.
The code was tested on an 8" Windows 8.1 tablet, in both portrait and landscape display orientations.
The changes include the following:
1. Increase toolbar icon size.
2. Increase context menu text item size.
3. Increase selectable item sizes for several common dialogs.
4. Optimize several common dialogs for screen
rotation, i.e. landscape or portrait.
5. Touch stuff:
a. Route Create workflow: "Done" by clicking toolbar "Route" icon, or normal context menu.
b. Toolbar navigation
items (e.g. Zoom/Scale) are available during route creation.
c. Chart drag (a.k.a. swipe) is available during route creation.
d. Routepoint/Waypoint edit by drag is supported.
e. Increase pixel select radius, to allow for finger tip selection of routes/waypoints.
f. Single-click behavior:
-Does not ever move chart.
-Selects Waypoint for subsequent dragging
-Shows popup info for Routes and AIS
-Shows Tide/Current dialog.
g. Move chart by drag/swipe.
h. There is no notion of "rollover" in Touch/Tablet mode.
There are some dialogs that have not yet been adjusted for font size, so they is on the TODO list.
The UI is a bit different when using a mouse in Touch/Tablet mode, but still useable I think. This would not be a normal mode of use, unless maybe you have a Bluetooth mouse to use occasionally with your tablet.
I don't consider this Beta to be the last word on the subject of Touch interfacing. There is a lot to consider and learn here. I welcome detailed comments on this new interface mode.
Please review your Flyspray tasks. If a Task is marked "Implemented in Current
Beta", that means that I think the issue is resolved. If you agree, please request a task closure. If you disagree, please leave a comment in the task item thread to further describe the task variance.
Thanks, and happy testing!