Version 3.1 Beta Build 802 will soon be available for download from opencpn
the opencpn.org Downloads page to find and download the latest Beta version binaries.....
Source is available now on github at:
19. Improve Tide/Current manager and Toolbox UI to allow multiple concurrent HARMONIC datasets.
10. Implement Toolbar icon visibility selector dialog. jesperwe
11. Correct some PlugIn toolbar icon crashes, WMM PlugIn especially.
12. Show ownship COG and HDT vectors when zoomed out (FS#842)
13. Set Traditional display style as default for upgrades and new installs.
14. Extend implementation of PlugIn message scheme.
15. Allow wmm_pi PlugIn to supply magnetic variation to system if there is no other valid source.
16. Correct handling of UNKNOWN BSB
17. Add build rules for gentoo linux
18. Implement copy/paste of lat/lon from Waypoint Properties and JumptToPosition dialogs. JesperWe
19. Implement double-click query for waypoints, routes, and tracks. JesperWe
20. Implement optional display of AIS
target true dimensions.
21. Implement Binary (.tcd) tide/current database support.
22. Improve UI for very small scale viewports.
23. Implement new World Chart as small scale background.
24. Set default file name for GPX Route
25. Correct fault with creating route
with existing waypoint nearby.
26. Correct handling of some S57 ENCs with ISO8559 characters embedded.
27. Improve tide/current extended dialog display
Release Beta 3.1.802
21. This needs extensive testing. The binary (tcd) tide/current datasets are the most modern and theoretically accurate sources of data. We need to compare the results using the new tcd files against the results available from the existing .IDX harmonic files. The easiest way to do this is to run two concurrent sessions of OpenCPN, one in portable mode, with one using old .IDX data, and one using tcd data. Even better would be to run version 3.0.2 as portable, and compare with 3.1.802 using tcd data. This will test both the tcd files as well as the new internal data structures of O.
If you have particular online sources for tcd data, please share them here.
23. Source builders note: You must install OpenCPN once to establish the necessary data files to support the World Chart model. This is automatically done by the retail Windows installer.
26. If you are seeing unprintable characters in some non-US S57 ENCs, you will need this fix. Delete the associated SENC files to have then automatically rebuilt.
Thanks for your continued testing support!