Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 08:45   #46

Re: New rtlsdr Plugin

Hi,

I have one suggestion, could file "rtlsdr_pi-0.10-win32.exe" installer have bundled rtlsdr_winutilities.zip inside.
Maybe also is good idea to put this "rtlsdr_winutilities" inside plugins directory like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins\rtlsdr_pi\bin\".

It will be nice If installer can add to the user variable PATH a path to this utilities bin directory.

By doing that, installation process will be as simple as possible.

And there will be no questions on forum how to install all this staff to work together.

Kubek
kubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 17:50   #47

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Yes, it can and will bundle all the needed files.. the thing is right now I don't even know if they work or not.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 19:32   #48

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Sean,
I've tried to compile most recent rtlsdr, using opencpn.lib for version 3.2. It compiles for cmake --build .
but not for cmake --build . --config release
There are many linker errors.
It does compile for release using opencpn.lib for version 3.3

Which version is right and can you fix it if it is supposed to be 3.2?
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Rtlsdr-cmake--build-release-using-opencpn-3-2-lib.doc (10.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: doc opencpn-3-0.lib.doc (53.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: doc opencpn-3-2.lib.doc (58.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: doc opencpn-3-3-1824.lib.doc (98.2 KB, 76 views)
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 20:25   #49

I'm not releasing this plugin for windows until I get feedback that it actually works and is useful on that platform. So far several people have reported success in linux only.
Old 30-06-2014, 20:35   #50

I just pulled version 3.2.2 and the following plugins work:

rtlsdr
climatology
wmm
celestial navigation
weather fax

All others require beta version.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:01   #51

Ok, Good, thanks.

Does Opencpn 3.2.2 have a different opencpn.lib than Opencpn 3.2.0?
Because I was unable to compile the release version without debug code (I do not mean Public Release) using Opencpn 3.2.

In rtlsdr.h the api is 1.8
I attached the Opencpn.lib files from the three versions above with the errors.

Also it would be good to try to implement Kubek suggestion... and I am willing to try. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Quote:
...one suggestion, could file "rtlsdr_pi-0.10-win32.exe" installer have bundled rtlsdr_winutilities.zip inside.
Maybe also is good idea to put this "rtlsdr_winutilities" inside plugins directory like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN\plugins\rtlsdr_pi\bin\".

It will be nice If installer can add to the user variable PATH a path to this utilities bin directory.
I will definitely order a dongle to test and get weather.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:16   #52

PS:
So far, this round, I was able to compile:
Celestial_Navagation
Climatology
weatherfax
WMM
using opencpn-3-2.lib which is from Opencpn 3.2.0, but not rtlsdr.

I think for simplicity we may want to make the compile versions match with the ones on the website, which are version 3.0.0 and 3.2.0 (if possible). This will prevent user confusion and a simpler format on the downloads page.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:36   #53

That's bizzare, now I run the batch file and rtlsdr compiles! Same set of commands as last night.
Old 16-07-2014, 14:40   #54

Sean advises, modestly, that:
[QUOTEYes, I am the author. The plugin is very small, all it does is calibrate and control gr-ais or rtl_fm and aisdecoder and pipe the ais stream into opencpn. Could manually run these programs and get the ais without the use of the plugin.[/QUOTE]
Old 13-08-2014, 17:20   #55

Maybe someone here can help me get started with a DVB-T+DAB+FM dongle (RTL-SDR, FM+DAB, DVB-T USB Stick Set with RTL2832U & R820T. Great SDR for SDR#, HDSDR, and Other Popular SDR Software) for $8.86 that finally arrived.

Of course the first thing I did was install the dongle and Blazer software and drivers. Then I read in sdrsharp that I needed to uninstall the software and drivers. So I did that and followed sdrsharp instructions for installing drivers. The sdrsharp still did not pick up any signals. Now I am wondering if the dongle does not work. I did try going outdoors and scanning to pick something up, but on all channels there is nothing.

Any ideas to help?
Old 14-08-2014, 06:27   #56

This little excursion into USB land has not been a happy one. I tried to use Zadiag.exe Windows Software [rtlsdr.org wiki] to install the necessary libusb drivers to run AISdecoder with RTL-SDR, FM+DAB, DVB-T USB Stick Set with RTL2832U & R820T.

Without knowing what I was doing, I managed to install an interface 0 and interface 1 and libusb_win32 device USB receiver for Logitech, and screw up my USB interfaces including the mouse. The dongle did not seem to work either.

Therefore the goal changed. Get my mouse back. Deleted all Usb devices in Device Manager and reboot. The libusb drivers installed with Zadiag came back. Uninstalled them again and downloaded and installed Setpoint for my M310 Logitech mouse. Reboot and the mouse worked until the libusb drivers decided to reinstall again. Reboot and went into Safe Mode and deleted the particular ones I installed and this time selected from a check box to "Remove them from the computer" so they would not reinstall. Reboot confirmed that they were not reinstalled but my mouse still did not work. Installed new Logitech updated software for the mouse and rebooted. The mouse still did not work because one driver was unknown.... Asked it to search and it Found a recent Logitech driver that worked. ...Now I am back where I was...sort of.

Still don't know how to get this working. Very hesitant about using Zadiag again without specific instructions.

Don't know how to check if this dongle is really working properly. Also don't know how rtlsdr_pi can help at this stage, have not even gotten it working with drivers.

Should I just install the drivers that came with it?
Old 15-08-2014, 04:39   #57

Hi,
Using Zadig is straightforward, plug your usb RTL adapter launch zadig select in the upper line your interface and click replace.
I use it with PNAIS and that is ok.
Peter
xynium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 05:24   #58

Yes that's exactly what I did following zadiag instructions, but WHAT interface? (0) (1) lib usb winusb? The first one I tried did not get dangle working. Then tried another and lost mouse.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 16-08-2014, 10:09   #59

Once your interface is pluged and heard the "usb plugged sound". Zadig windows on the upper line must show the name of the newly plugged device. For me is STV20 for sveon stv20.
Peter
Old 21-08-2014, 08:21   #60

On installing a Generic adapter in windows 8.1, after Zadig installation under "audio video control" in the peripheral list appear a new device RTL2832, it seem create a dysfunction and you should uninstall it (right click).
Peter