Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2017, 08:37   #1

Simrad AP24 boat-type setting???

Humble plea for help:

Can anyone tell me how to CHANGE the BOAT TYPE in a Simrad AP24 autopilot? I'm following the manual's instructions, but I can't get past the page declaring the currently set boat type. It seems be to locked into the current setting. It's driving me a little bit crazy go round and round in circles in the menu.

Does anyone know if WIND information can be viewed on the AP24 when not in the SAIL boat-type setting? I assume so, but maybe not. I'm asking because I'm about to install a wind sensor at the top of the mast (after which I can finally leave the dock and get cruising!), but I don't want to waste my time doing it if the data won't be read by the AP24 display.

Thanks in advance for any help you can pass along time!
Lantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 15:52   #2

Re: Simrad AP24 boat-type setting???

I'll reply to my own question in case anyone is curious (lots of people have the AP24 pilot):

Based on what is said in other forums, digging around the internet and talking to Simrad tech, I think this problem may be caused by a lack of rudder feedback. The first thing I'll do when I get back to the boat is check to see whether the rudder feedback unit is working, and I'll probably reset the autopilot (meaning having to go through the whole setup procedure again).
Lantau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, simrad