Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2015, 08:19   #1

Boat: C&C 34, 34 feet
Repairing an old Heart Interface 1800 Inverter

Hi,

I live in the Vancouver Canada area and it looks like my old Heart Interface inverter/charger is acting up. The charger has started to blow its breaker about 1 minute after the shore power is applied and then after a few resets, it settles down. According to my E-Meter it is pushing about 30 amps to the battery (which needs it as it is down from a weekend outing.

I would like to get it serviced if possible or should I be looking at a new system.

What I would like to know if there is someone in this area (the boat is in Sidney on VanIsle) that services these old beasts.

Thanks for any help.
Truemettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 08:35   #2

Location: In boat fixing' season I'm in a Maryland boat yard too close to Washington, DC ... except when I escape to home on the beach in Florida!
Boat: Prout Snowgoose 34
Re: Repairing an old Heart Interface 1800 Inverter

A quick Google ... and no personal experience with the listed vendor:

Authorized Xantrex Inverters Service Center | Inverter Services and Repair | Mark Snyder Electric

I have a Freedom 25 with a Link 2000R that I am replacing with a true sine wave inverter. Let me know if you might be interested in buying them.

I'm leaving the boat for two weeks, so I'm unable to deal with the inverter until I return.

Anyway, remove, repair and reinstall of your current box is likely the least painful solution to your problem. Let us know how it goes.

Roger
svtrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 20:58   #3

Re: Repairing an old Heart Interface 1800 Inverter

30a sounds pretty low. What is the charger rating on the 1800. 80a? Might be a few issues.

Probably time for a new one.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter