Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2012, 02:28   #1

Boat: Blue Buoy Del Rey 50
Raymarine ST6002 autopilot track issue.

I have a Raymarine ST6002 autopilot it is hooked to the navman chart plotter and a pc. If I tell it to track mode it first asks to press Pilot to accept the track. But then it keeps doing it every few sec after that also. Any one know what the issue maybe? If I have a setting wrong on the pilot or something else thanks
deepthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 03:37   #2

Boat: DeFever 44
I don't know your chart plotter. But I've interfaced that AP to a Garmin before. That message should come up when the AP is first asked to track a route. And again every time a waypoint is reached and the course changes. You press the button again to acknowledge the course change.

Assuming the chart plotter has a simple GOTO function try that. Once engaged, it should track without additional messages until you reach the GOTO point.
ebaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 04:50   #3

Boat: Blue Buoy Del Rey 50
I have tried simple goto's and yes it first asks to accept it the it asks a few sec later to accept it again but the boat will turn to the track. It seems if XTE changes it asks
deepthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 05:44   #4

Boat: Cruisers Yachts 420 Express
Send a message via ICQ to jeremiason Send a message via Yahoo to jeremiason Send a message via Skype™ to jeremiason
Re: Raymarine ST6002 autopilot track issue.

Deepthought:

Go to the Raymarine Support site and explain the problem to them... Since FLIR bought Raymarine the Tech Site has been giving answers back in less than 24 hours.

Raymarine Marine Electronics - Support Home

I don't know which Chart Plotter you have, but I have the E-120. I am sure you are competent and knowledgable, but here is the sequence to starting a track on my unit.

To begin a route the autopilot has to be on (Auto Mode) before you start a track. The push the soft keys labeled:

"Navigation Options" "Track" "Start Track"

The unit will then determine the course to the first wayoint... If it is a large turn (I think it is over 25 degrees), the unit will start beeping and alert and tell you the what the bearing is to the waypoint.

At that point push the Track key on your Auto Pilot Control Head and it should turn and start the track.

jeremiason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 17:13   #5

Boat: DeFever 44
Sorry about the delay posting again...we went from Bonaire to Curaçao today.

I don't get the second request on a GOTO....I don't think that's right.

All I can offer is this...different autopilots like to see different NMEA data from chart plotters to work right. The previous advice to contact Raymarine support is sound. They may have information on interfacing your specific chart plotter.

You can also look at the documentation from both vendors products and figure it out. Many chart plotters allow some customization of the NMEA data sent to match different AP requirements.

Best, Bob
ebaugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot