Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2010, 06:38   #1

Boat: Bristol 38.8
Help with Code Lock on Autohelm ST50

I have Autohelm ST50 wind, speed and depth indicators in my cockpit, with a master "multi" unit at the nav station.

Somehow the code lock feature got turned on. I figured out the code (in about 5 minutes, which shows you how useless this feature is) so I can ut use the instruments, but it is a PITA to enter the code every time I power up these instruments.

Does anyone know how to turn the code lock feature off? I called several autohelm distributors (including West Marine), but no one had an answer.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 06:47   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
The factory default CodeLock code is "0000."

When you enter the code lock setup, you need to enter the correct code (4 second hold down of two left hand buttons then press the left hand button once).
Once you have entered the correct code, you can change the parameters of how the codelock system will operate.
You can also select codelock "off". Select code lock “off” and press and hold the two left hand buttons to save this as the new setting.

This should all be covered in your ST50 Series Instruments Owner’s Manual, available here:
Raymarine Marine Electronics - Retired ST50 Manuals

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 06:50   #3

Boat: Tayana 37 "SAILACIOUS"
Silly question, but do you have a manual? If not , I found one at Raymarine ST50 plus Manuals, Support and Troubleshooting - Autohelm
Old 24-08-2010, 08:25   #4

Boat: Bristol 38.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
The factory default CodeLock code is "0000."

When you enter the code lock setup, you need to enter the correct code (4 second hold down of two left hand buttons then press the left hand button once).
Once you have entered the correct code, you can change the parameters of how the codelock system will operate.
You can also select codelock "off". Select code lock “off” and press and hold the two left hand buttons to save this as the new setting.

This should all be covered in your ST50 Series Instruments Owner’s Manual, available here:
Raymarine Marine Electronics - Retired ST50 Manuals
Thanks! I will try the procedure you suggest, but it is not in the print manual I have (circa 1995). My manual simply says that if you want to turn the code lock off, contact your authorized dealer.

BTW it's not in any of the manuals on-line, either.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2021, 22:37   #5

Re: Help with Code Lock on Autohelm ST50

Hi Curmudgeon! I was wondering if you could share with me how you managed to figure out the code to be able to start using the instruments again? Somehow we managed to get the CodeLock feature turned on in our ST50plus with a master "multi" unit. Since I am the third owner I don't know the original code. I have tried the common combinations as well but not luck.
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Osiul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autohelm