Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2017, 17:04   #1

Foriegn flagged vessel?

So I find a boat I am interested in. Drive 4 hours to look at it and it is as described. It is a "classic" and as described and all in all I am interested in maybe trying to put something together. No offer yet. but as we are kind of closing the meeting up the owner tells me that it is under a British Flag has a Florida registration and numbers and all that looks ok,,,, but he is a dual citizen of US and Canada and he some how for some reason that isn't really clear to me at this point flagged it under British flag also says it is equivalent of a US documentation.

any idea of what I need to do or who I could contact to make sure title is free and clear Obviously the Florida title / registration would be pretty straight forward to check but I have never dealt with anything like this other

any advise or a suggestion of an attorney or a title service that could help would be appreciated thanks
drakes is offline   Reply With Quote