Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2018, 16:35   #1

Electronics Services Ft Pierce

I am a delivery skipper. I was recently in the Gulfstream Northbound from Ft Lauderdale to Brunswick Georgia in a 10 year old 46 Catamaran sailboat. The autohelm went out and the vessel on the plotter was crabbing. The cabled steering was very loose and it was necessary to constantly adjust the course. Even lashing the wheel did not help. It was exhausting and inefficient. The owners gave me permission to stop in Ft Pierce to remedy the issue as they always cruise and steer with the auto helm. I was given several recommendations to call from some trade friends in the local area. Most everyone was booked for weeks and wouldn’t commit to any kind of emergency work. I got in contact with Ron Armentrout of REA Technical 609-675-5742. He texted me the factory technician phone number for my unit. I called the factory and did a troubleshoot with the factory rep. We determined the part that I needed. Ron Armentrout was on the west coast of Florida finishing up a job. I sent him a part number and he located and procured the part on the west coast of Florida. He texted me at 8:00 AM the next morning and said that he had the part and would meet the boat at 11:00 AM before he went home. Ron showed up. Replaced the part. Sea trialed the boat. Called the factory for all reset information and completely restored the system. All for the cost of the part and 3 hours labor including sea trial in the ocean. Ron is a transplant from New Jersey and REA is his new venture out of Ft Pierce. I was so impressed with the skills, service and professionalism of this man that I was compelled to post. I resume my delivery in the morning. I’m hoping this is in compliance with the Forums mission.

REA. Ron. 609-675-5742
Captain Bobby Childs
Clubblubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 18:25   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 36 MS
Re: Electronics Services Ft Pierce

I have known Ron for over 6 years. He has always been very professional in my dealings with him. His company is first rate.
Outlaw7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electronics, service