Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2016, 12:09   #31
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsm114 View Post
Rahman,

Everything I wrote is true...........please show proof of the 25% Duty owed to US Customs.

I have talked with agents of US Customs and no such duty is due.

BTW, where is my GPS unit?

Jon
Hi Jon, I got your email directly to our company email address.
Okay, I know you now
If you ask a copy of the declaration form, please ask directly to courier company.
We only responsible to make your shipment and make sure your order is delivered
And if you ask where is your GPS unit, I ask where is your payment ?
We lose the shipping cost for your order, we lost double shipping cost for the returning fees.
To be honest Jon, we not need any customer like you.
And I hope, my company will not meet a customer like you anymore.
But by the way, you give us a lesson for International transaction.
Thank you very much.
__________________

__________________
morisrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 21:23   #32
Registered User
 
ErikFinn's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Malaysia, Thailand
Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430
Posts: 711
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morisrahman View Post
Hi Jon, I got your email directly to our company email address.
Okay, I know you now
If you ask a copy of the declaration form, please ask directly to courier company.
We only responsible to make your shipment and make sure your order is delivered
And if you ask where is your GPS unit, I ask where is your payment ?
We lose the shipping cost for your order, we lost double shipping cost for the returning fees.
To be honest Jon, we not need any customer like you.
And I hope, my company will not meet a customer like you anymore.
But by the way, you give us a lesson for International transaction.
Thank you very much.
Thank you for your post Sir.
__________________

__________________
ErikFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 21:37   #33
Registered User
 
zboss's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On a boat
Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Posts: 3,102
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

When we had to replace our electronics, our insurance company (markel) scoured the web looking for the absolute cheapest places to get the replacement equipment. Most of their pricing was found from here:

Garmin GPS Systems, Nuvi GPS, & GPS Maps
__________________
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 22:41   #34
Registered User

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney Australia
Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'
Posts: 583
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

I had looked at this site looking for a couple of things, having read the feedback from those here that did purchase, and now the response from the business itself, there is NO WAY that my dollar will go their way.
Thanks all for the information.
__________________
Rob aka Uncle Bob Sydney Australia.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:06   #35
Registered User

Join Date: May 2015
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Boat: 1978 Lancer 30 MkIV
Posts: 108
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post

Yes, you do indeed pay for warranty in the price you pay for the item. If there were no warranty, the item would be cheaper for sure but we expect the manufacturer to stand behind their product and he does, with the money you pay for warranty. Look on it as a kind of insurance.
Of course warranty cost money. Nothin in this world is free.

The rest of that is pure bull pucky.

Warranty is a cost of doing business. If a company has too many warranty claims, they need to find a better manufacturer for their product or stop offering warranties.

Period.



Sent from my SM-N900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
__________________
Rock-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:13   #36
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Whitsundays, Queensland
Boat: Seacraft Caravel
Posts: 51
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsm114 View Post
Rahman,

Everything I wrote is true...........please show proof of the 25% Duty owed to US Customs.

I have talked with agents of US Customs and no such duty is due.

BTW, where is my GPS unit?

Jon
Hi Rahman.

Firstly congratulations on answering the criticisms your company has received.

This is now a great opportunity for you to prove that Wholesale Marine Equipment is a genuine dealer providing good products at a good price. You have not proved it yet but you have made a start. We now need to hear from people we know and trust that they have had good business with you.

Your website needs to be accurate and complete with the total cost of items, warranties, return policies, repair arrangements etc. and that means that you, as the expert Sales Consultant, have to do the research so that you can provide the advice.

If you are genuine you could have an excellent and very profitable eBusiness online.

I wish you good luck.
__________________
CapnBazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 15:00   #37
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikFinn View Post
Thank you for your post Sir.
My pelasure sir, did you need more popcorn ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
I had looked at this site looking for a couple of things, having read the feedback from those here that did purchase, and now the response from the business itself, there is NO WAY that my dollar will go their way.
Thanks all for the information.
Hi Unclde Bob,
There is no one our customer here.
As you know, a few people want to beat us because the prices competitor.
And about Mr Jon, I think we had a wrong communication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Head View Post
Of course warranty cost money. Nothin in this world is free.

The rest of that is pure bull pucky.

Warranty is a cost of doing business. If a company has too many warranty claims, they need to find a better manufacturer for their product or stop offering warranties.

Period.



Sent from my SM-N900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Rock-Head Correct, Warranty is a cost of doing business. For example, Garmin having a Two-Year Warranty. Have repairs a 90 day warranty. If the unit sent in is still under its original warranty, then the new warranty is 90 days or to the end of the original 2 year warranty, depending upon which is longer.

Just for information, all our Garmin come from Taiwan and if we/customer need to use/claim the warranty we will sent directly to Garmin Taiwan.
For the truth, we already sell arround 2000 units of Garmin mix types and models.
But until now, we only have 16 units who claim the warranty.
That means below 10% the units is claims.
If anybody need a cheap units, there is a lot of China products (fsihfinder, autopilot,etc) out there with cheapest prices.
But be aware with the quality of products, make sure you have the warranty and process the claim is easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBazza View Post
Hi Rahman.

Firstly congratulations on answering the criticisms your company has received.

This is now a great opportunity for you to prove that Wholesale Marine Equipment is a genuine dealer providing good products at a good price. You have not proved it yet but you have made a start. We now need to hear from people we know and trust that they have had good business with you.

Your website needs to be accurate and complete with the total cost of items, warranties, return policies, repair arrangements etc. and that means that you, as the expert Sales Consultant, have to do the research so that you can provide the advice.

If you are genuine you could have an excellent and very profitable eBusiness online.

I wish you good luck.
Hi CapnBazza,

Thank you very much.

Yes, we will do our best with this opportunity.
Yes sure, did you need any items for us ?
I'm sure you can be our respentative on this forum
We have a promotion this month, 20% OFF for all SIMRAD products.
Still available for 3 new customer left, make sure you will get this promo soon.

No hidden price on our website, all price is published.
Warranties, return policies, repair arrangements etc already written on our Terms And Condition page.

The other expenses just customs fees/import taxes.
All customer need to bound the custom fees, because that is not on our prices.
Each country have a different duties rates, so it will be better if the customer check the duties rates before making the order from us.

Thank you for your suggestions and your support.
We greatly appreciate that.

Wish you good luck too
__________________
morisrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 15:18   #38
Senior Cruiser
 
skipmac's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 29 49.16 N 82 25.82 W
Boat: Pearson 422
Posts: 11,358
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsm114 View Post
Rahman,

Everything I wrote is true...........please show proof of the 25% Duty owed to US Customs.

I have talked with agents of US Customs and no such duty is due.

BTW, where is my GPS unit?

Jon
I import products to the US and when I need to confirm duties I go to the USITC website https://www.usitc.gov/ that has the US import duties for anything and everything. According to my search the duty category number and duty rate for navigation electronics is as follows so appears it should be duty free.

8526.91.00 Radio navigational aid apparatus Free
__________________
The water is always bluer on the other side of the ocean.
skipmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 10:39   #39
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Re: Wholesale Marine Equipment real or ripoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
I import products to the US and when I need to confirm duties I go to the USITC website https://www.usitc.gov/ that has the US import duties for anything and everything. According to my search the duty category number and duty rate for navigation electronics is as follows so appears it should be duty free.

8526.91.00 Radio navigational aid apparatus Free
Sorry for my late reply, I was there on a business trip a few days ago.
Yes, for now my company will be comunicate with each import destination country. Then our team can check if there is a customs charges or not on the destination. So courier company can't do a wrong things. Thank you for the support.
__________________

__________________
morisrahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
equipment, marine, men, sale

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beware! Ripoff Artists Contacting Members Who Post Email Addresses in Classifieds! barbara ann Dollars & Cents 12 13-01-2010 14:50
Mercruiser Corrosion Protection Ripoff Chief Engineer Construction, Maintenance & Refit 2 23-10-2008 21:14
Sewing Machine Ripoff Azura Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations 24 09-04-2008 21:37


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.