Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2016, 10:32   #46
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Brexit and VAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Fact is that Verhofstadt is one of the proponents of that possibility of individual European Community citizenship offered to the UK citizens that winch so.

I like the vision of Verhofstadt regarding Europe: Basically he defends a EC at two speeds, one that would transform it in a federal state quite rapidly, leaving outside, but associated the EC countries that want to belong but that want to become a federal state. What's new is that those states while belonging to the EC will have no power to stop the ones that want to become a federation neither the ones that will be a federation power to oblige them in.

It is in French, but it is an interesting interview. If you want to know what he thinks about EC translate it:
Verhofstadt : « C'est parce que je suis un fervent défenseur du projet européen que je plaide si vivement pour une réforme » - Le Taurillon, magazine eurocitoyen

Curiously the election of Trump and his declarations regarding the Europeans and NATO have quickened the process, namely in what regards an European army, a first steep without witch all the other don't make sense.

That should be fun.. 27 different armies plus 1.. or will Germany, France, Italy etc disband all their armies and navies.
That should boost the unemployed even more.. the stagnant pond grows

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiot' of the West still pays in hopes it triggers the 'Rapture'.. LMAO.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:42   #47
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenboats View Post
Which will require british sailors to obtain a Visa (and pay for it, some 150 £ per person) weeks ahead of that weekend trip across the Channel... In comparison the VAT question looks irrelevant.

Ahh.. a Remainer.. !! BOO..!!!

Yet the 'useful idiot' of the West still pays in hopes it triggers the 'Rapture'.. LMAO.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:45   #48

Boat: Mahogany Centerborder 30 foot, 1937
Re: Brexit and VAT

Nope. 27.
woodenboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:22   #49

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
That should be fun.. 27 different armies plus 1.. or will Germany, France, Italy etc disband all their armies and navies.
That should boost the unemployed even more.. the stagnant pond grows
?????????
"The military plan foresees countries such as France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Poland creating permanent military structures to act on behalf of the EU and for the deployment of the EU's battle groups and 18 national battalions.
Europe forges ahead with plans for 'EU army'
It could also comprise an EU military planning and operations headquarters in Brussels that could be a rival to NATO. Last week, the Czech Republic and Hungary backed the plan as the basis to "setting up a joint European army.”

"The proposal from Italy’s defense and foreign affairs ministers, Roberta Pinotti and Paolo Gentiloni, stops just short of calling for an EU army "
The almost-an-EU-army plan – POLITICO
"Peu de journalistes ont envie de signaler à Bruxelles qu'il existe une course entre l’UE – qui veut créer sa propre armée – et l'Allemagne qui souhaite bâtir sa propre armée pan-européenne qu'elle pourrait en fin de compte présenter à la Commission européenne comme une entité déjà prête et fonctionnant.
Selon un expert militaire respecté, l'Allemagne se positionne comme le pays qui serait la force dominante d'une nouvelle armée européenne, quelle que soit sa structure."

https://francais.rt.com/opinions/274...les-otan-crise

"Despite Britain’s move to block an EU army, a growing number of experts believe a recent German defense paper shows Berlin has ambitions to run an EU army, and has a plan to cut through Brussels red tape and create one by itself. But at what cost to NATO?
While EU defense ministers openly discuss with NATO chiefs how to create an EU army, many might think the haste for the EU to go ahead with such a grandiose plan stems from its own credibility being at an all-time low in the wake of Brexit.
For EU federalists in Brussels, there is indeed some truth in this. But Brussels is also worried about being left behind or dwarfed by Germany’s own plans which would leave the EU in a weak position to negotiate who gets to call the shots in an official EU army, when it is finally created.
"
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/361832-eu-army-nato-germany/
"Los líderes europeos estudian un plan para crear un Ejército europeo
"Estamos avanzando hacia un ejército europeo mucho más rápido de lo que cree la gente"

https://es.gatestoneinstitute.org/9036/ejercito-europeo
"Che cosa sta accadendo? Essenzialmente questo: un gruppo originario di governi dell’Ue ( Italia, Spagna, Francia, Germania), constatando che in gran parte degli altri membri dell’Ue vi sono ancora perplessità (o totali contrarietà, come quelle della Gran Bretagna, dell’Olanda, della Svezia) alla costruzione dell’Armata Europea, stanno accelerando il processo di costruzione dell’esercito sovranazionale europeo, offrendosi (con l’appoggio totale di Bruxelles) come primo nucleo militare organizzato, come primo – ma quanto forte e significativo ! – nucleo dell’esercito europeo."
Nasce, in segreto l’Esercito Europeo. Il silenzio a sinistra | Contropiano

The struggle for a European army
Neben Frankreich und Deutschland, die kurz vor dem EU-Gipfel am 16. September in Bratislava mit einem eigenen - freilich auf Mogherinis Plänen aufbauenden - Konzept vorgeprescht waren, hat auch Italien am Dienstag eigene Pläne für eine Verteidigungskooperation vorgelegt. Zu den stärksten Verfechtern einer EU-Armee gehören zudem die Visegrad-Staaten Ungarn und Tschechien.

Das Ringen um eine europäische Armee
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 08:37   #50

Boat: TBC

Getting back to the topic, what's the thoughts on a Brit reg boat staying in an EU country after Brexit?
I'm in the process of buying a UK reg boat which I intend to keep in Greece.
I understand the possible coming difficulties with the changes to VAT status's but how long would the boat be able to stay for?
Will it be like a non EU reg boat or will things remain the same or similar as they are now?
Any ideas?
FilBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 09:32   #51
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilBrown View Post
Getting back to the topic, what's the thoughts on a Brit reg boat staying in an EU country after Brexit?
I understand the possible coming difficulties with the changes to VAT status's but how long would the boat be able to stay for?
Will it be like a non EU reg boat or will things remain the same or similar as they are now?
Any ideas?
Sail to Turkey once every 18mths..

Old 30-04-2018, 09:42   #52

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilBrown View Post
Any ideas?
Way to early for any decisions to have been made. Expect a last minute fudge just before March 2019 which will be a complete cluster to work your way through for those involved.
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote