Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 07:25   #1

Marine Beam LED's Outstanding

I've heard and read reviews of the Dr. LED's and the problems they have led to for replacement lighting. I purchased all my LED's from Marine Beam and have no problems in two years. I am not affiliated in any way, just want to report an alternative lighting source that stands behind their products.

Anchor/Nav Bulbs
D.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:23   #2

Boat: Cruisers Yachts 420 Express
Send a message via ICQ to jeremiason Send a message via Yahoo to jeremiason Send a message via Skype™ to jeremiason
Re: Marine Beam LED's Outstanding

We replaced all our interior light bulbs with Lunasea LED Lights and love them!.Four years without a problem!

Regardless of which brand, replacing incandescent lights with LEDS will save as much as 95% of your power, as well as extend the life of you bulbs by as much a ten times.

jeremiason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 18:33   #3

Boat: Catalina 36, Mk I

Bought a few of the inexpensive "no-brand" LED bulbs from Ebay to try out. At under $6 for a 9 watts, it seems like a decent investment.
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 18:48   #4

Boat: Ct 37

Just ordered a set of spreader lights from marine beam half the price of others hopefully they don't last half as long won't know if you don't try
Pato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 15:13   #5

Boat: Kadey Krogen 39

I, too have many Marinebeam LEDs aboard. Excellent quality at very good prices. I had occasion to chat with Jeff of Marinebeam about a dimmer installation question and he was very helpful. I recommend them.
muttskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 15:45   #6

I am looking forward to trying out the Marinebeam brand. Would like to change all of the lighting on Thirty Six Seas to LED, both 12 and 115 volt. Thank you for the heads up on them!
Old 02-01-2014, 16:45   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmmicro View Post
Bought a few of the inexpensive "no-brand" LED bulbs from Ebay to try out. At under $6 for a 9 watts, it seems like a decent investment.
Careful with these. Many cheapo's use choke resistors to contol amps. Most also are not so good in salt water. Some burn up as much power in the current regulator as you thought you were saving. Most automotive 12 VDC are in this category. A bulb that states a voltage range of 12-24 or 9-30 will be PWM regulated and so will consume much less. The Marine Beam are PWM and operate at 20 to 30 KHz so they also are not so likkely to bother your radio. Others like this are IMTRA & some Dr. LED.

We have mostly Marine Beam and IMTRA with a couple of BIBI and Signal mate deck level nav lights. I really like the Marine Beam SOLO spreader lights. You can read by these.

Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 15:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholson58 View Post
Careful with these.

We have mostly Marine Beam and IMTRA with a couple of BIBI and Signal mate deck level nav lights. I really like the Marine Beam SOLO spreader lights. You can read by these.
Thanks for the info. I ordered a couple of Marine Beam screw in types for my salon fixtures. Decided that they will last long enough to justify the extra expense.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:52   #9

Replaced every bulb i have, both in and out, with Marinebeams a couple yrs ago. Absolutley love the change. What used to be seeing the amp meter move with each individual light turned on, to now seeing it hardly move with every light on now puts a smile on my face. Though the initial cost to do so didn't.
US1Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:01   #10

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27

I too am a very satisfied user of Marinebeam, and I am also happy to see their prices coming down from what I paid a few years ago.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:02   #11

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

I counted over 60 sockets in the cabin. Most are two per fixture. The PO had high intensity xenon bulbs in half of these (other half MT). We now have better light and the amp meter shows a bit over 0.4 amps at 24 VD with all lights on. I no longer burn my fingers on bulbs either.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:23   #12

Boat: Hunter 340

I replaced all the bulbs on my boat with Marinebeam a few years ago and love the product. I especially love the LOW amp draw!
bgallinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 13:39   #13

This is a hard sell guys! Hehehe, I have a total of 6 bulbs in the main cabin...that includes the head and galley. I have one per cabin that I can see as well. Will be replacing all of the halogens and considered cheap "ebay" bulbs, but with the many glowing testimonials, Marine Beam sounds like the way to go.
Old 05-01-2014, 15:43   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmmicro
This is a hard sell guys! Hehehe, I have a total of 6 bulbs in the main cabin...that includes the head and galley. I have one per cabin that I can see as well. Will be replacing all of the halogens and considered cheap "ebay" bulbs, but with the many glowing testimonials, Marine Beam sounds like the way to go.
After I read the literature on the web site, talked with Jeff over the phone, purchased some LEDs, and used the lights, I am very happy with the product, and the service by Jeff. I continue to go to Marinebeam as my choice for marine lighting.

Greatketch33
Greatketch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:10   #15

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40

I will add to the list - I replaced half of my interior halogen lights with Marine Beam and was so happy that I replaced the rest of my lights, inside and out, with Marine Beam. They are actually brighter than the halogen bulbs that they replaced. I could not possibly be happier!
SVRapture40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine