Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2008, 17:21   #1

Boat: PEARSON 422
good news/bad news in Bradenton Beach

We are currently enroute from Clearwater to Marathon and had to make an unplanned stop in Bradenton Beach for some repairs...

I am happy to report that Bradenton Beach is very cruiser friendly and a good stop on any voyage. There is a cozy anchorage (8ft and good holding) at the Bridge Street Pier on the intercostal side. At the anchorage/pier (n27 27 925 w082 41 625)there is a free dingy dock with restrooms and showers. Once on shore many things are w/in walking distance and, if not, there is a free beach trolley. We anchored out 4 days and were not approached or hasseled by marine police.

I feel that I was ripped off. First...I had to be towed in for minor repair to my diesel engine. They could not fix it the same day because they had to get some parts. They charged me $80 dollars for a transient slip at their smelly dilapidated sorry excuse for a marina. I paid that much at a resort marina, with a pool, in the keys a year ago. Besides, when you take your car to the mechanic for repairs does he charge you for storage/parking? I didn't think so. When I questioned the charge the lady told me that the marina and the repair yard were two separate busineses and thus had to be charged separately. Well, then why am I paying one bill to one person in one location? Second...they charged me for two and a half hours of diesel machanic labor when I literally stood there and watched the diesel mechanic do the entire repair in one-half hour or less.
I CAN NOT RECOMEND CORTEZ COVE MARINA!!
Old 31-05-2008, 22:01   #2

Boat: Mason 33 and a Nordic Folkboat (wooden)
Sounds like a post for ActiveCaptain