Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2013, 11:57   #391

Boat: Gib'Sea 402
Re: Missing 75īs.y. Lady Domina

Spooky
I am in France and just saw a programme on France 5 about Guadaloupe that showed LD VERY clearly in the Antilles, including (and commented on) the SA ensign. Not sure when it was filmed but it was 100% the LD.
Old 16-06-2013, 03:00   #392

the families and those connected to the crew have been contacted and from what I can gather they are doing all they can.... which in reality isn't much beyond waiting/hoping and reading this thread.
for many of us this forum is our single source of information, and as non-sailors we rely on your experience and expertise to inform our speculation. that said, there seems to be quite a gulf in opinion as to the safety or otherwise of those on board.
it's been 40 odd days since last known contact which feels too recent to jump to the worst case scenario.
I just wanted to post to assure those on this thread that the family and friends are looking at this... and amongst those i've spoken to, we remain hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by READY2GO View Post
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but has any one person talked to the families of all the crew members to ask them all:

1. When was your last comunication with the crew?

2. What was the last info that you were given by the crew.

3. Have you checked the crews financial records for credit card usage?

It seems this thread is alot of people on the outside of the loop of knowledge. If my daughter was on board that boat I would have already been on a plane and talking to people face to face. And maybe someone has and it just has not been reported in this thread. Again it just seems no one on this thread is close to the crews families and in the know.

Maybe I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
Old 16-06-2013, 05:36   #393

Boat: (Ex) Alu. 60' yacht-"Eight Bells"
Send a message via Skype™ to sinbad7

briansfriends...

Itīs actually 71 days since the last CONFIRMED and visual contact with the LD when she left St. Martin. The overhearing a broken VHF conversation with the coastguard in Puerto Rico the 5th May by passing Blue Dolphin is not 100% confirmed but we are all clutching to this as our ONLY hope.

To avoid having to repeat information ad infinitum I would suggest īreading the manualī before making a question,this thread has already reached an enormous proportion.

1. Last communication when LD was leaving St. Martin. Unconfirmed
overhearing of VHF traffic by Blue Dolphin 5 May.
2. Captain and Katie mentioned 2 months trip via Shetlands to Aalesund
but other crew members told of 14 day to the Azores.
3. Yes credit cards and bank statements in some instances have been
checked and found not used,while others are still pending bank
permission.
4. A more comprehensive Norwegian blog for long distance sailors are in
effect elsewhere.

If departure from San Juan 3 May is confirmed,with an average speed of 4 kn. following the Gulf Stream and going via the Shetlands she could still be a few days off her Aalesund destination. Fingers crossed.

Tore
Old 16-06-2013, 06:28   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad7 View Post
briansfriends...

2. Captain and Katie mentioned 2 months trip via Shetlands to Aalesund
but other crew members told of 14 day to the Azores.

If departure from San Juan 3 May is confirmed,with an average speed of 4 kn. following the Gulf Stream and going via the Shetlands she could still be a few days off her Aalesund destination. Fingers crossed.

Tore
As I live in and around Ålesund. I will be around town, most days over the next couple of weeks or longing. I visit the harbour to see and welcome visiting yachts from the UK or who connect me via 'The Norwegian Cruising Guide'.
I have LD details and I know Stian...But I feel that once 'if' they arrive internet and phone connect will be made before I see them.
My best wishes to ALL friends and families.
Old 16-06-2013, 10:53   #395

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid

Quote:
3. Yes credit cards and bank statements in some instances have been
checked and found not used,while others are still pending bank
permission.
Thanks Tore for the update. I hope that ". . .others are still pending bank permission" means that perhaps there were transactions and these might have been for refueling somewhere along the N. American coast.
Old 17-06-2013, 08:10   #396
cruiser

Boat: 1987 Tayana 37

Wow! None of this makes sense. If the LD was out there while they were looking for the Grain de Soleil, they would have found something, wouldn't they?

I am still looking for:

Contact for Kati Lee's family;
People who had recent conversations with any of the crew or the boat;
Photo of Oeving;
Any photos, videos, recordings of any of the crew.
Contact for Stian Abrahamsan's family

Sometimes having a third person look at all of the forensic evidence helps in opening new leads. My heart goes out to all of these people and I hope they will soon be found. My part is to help where ever I can. I am looking at everything I can about the case to see if we have over-looked something. I was able to get some infor out of Puerto Rico when others could not. Can't always do that, but sometimes years of this kind of work pay off.

I don't care what kind of lifestyle these people led, I learned to stop judging years ago.

I think this boat is floating and the crew needs our help. You can send leads to me, paynterlawfirm@gmail.com. I am not acting as an attorney in this case as I don't practice that kind of law and it would be way out of my jurisdiction. I am acting as a human being who feels for the sailors, for the families and for all people who suffer. Tim
Old 17-06-2013, 08:58   #397
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by la vida nueva View Post
You can send leads to me, paynterlawfirm@gmail.com. I am not acting as an attorney in this case as I don't practice that kind of law and it would be way out of my jurisdiction. I am acting as a human being who feels for the sailors, for the families and for all people who suffer. Tim
Why are you using a google account for Washington D.C. Commercial Litigation Lawyer / Consumer Protection Attorney when the main contact email address is under that domain at:

stuart@paynterlawfirm.com

And why are you not listed as one of the attorneys on that web site?

Perhaps we need to contact Stuart M. Paynter and see who you really are and what you are really up to?
Old 17-06-2013, 09:02   #398

This is a sad but to often repeated story. Why the hell did not the cruise ship throughly check out the life raft it spotted?
Old 17-06-2013, 09:06   #399
cruiser

As I have said before, I am not associated with, nor do I know anything about, the washington DC firm. None of my relatives work there, WE ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE.

I have also stated clearly, I am not acting as an attorney in this case.

Get serious, there are five people who are at risk. Let's focus on that and stop this insane harassment of people who have worked hard to solve this case. Our hopes for the crew and family are at the core of my interest here. I suspect nearly everyone on this board has the same objective. Let's join together to solve this and, well, no point in trying to encourage people to work for a positive end. Be part of the team or be the one who distracts. Your choice.

Tim
Old 17-06-2013, 09:07   #400
cruiser

We should put some pressure on the cruise company. However, I have been told the location of the raft was far off course from where the Grain de Soeil or the Lady Domina could have been. But that ship should have picked up the raft on chance it could be identified as to source.
Old 17-06-2013, 09:21   #401

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

Listen , we cant do nothing else form the internet, if LD sank, very likely , it sank and thats it, like many boats each year, if is somewhere else fishing and taking sun, i will say to the cap, you are dumba!!$$ , if the crew is floating in a liferaft in the midle of nowhere, we cant do nothing, and probably the crew is shark breakfast anyway, thats it, almost all the net forums are aware of the situation, authorities, sailors, ships etc... you cant make a team in CF to found this particular boat, until we get news of something, a credit card transaction, a ship report, something,,,, this is another boat lost in a transat .... here we have the marina board notifications with 3 or 4 pictures of missing sailors , until today we dont get any news and the boats are considered lost at sea,,, so i sugest to take a break in the matter until we got news or not, just a sugestion....
Old 17-06-2013, 09:51   #402
cruiser

I appreciate the advice from all of you. The fact is, some of the news on this board came from my efforts. Yes we can do something. One is to keep this constantly in front of other sailors. Another is to check our facts and see if we missed anything. You would be amazed at things people know that they don't think are relevant which have given us great clues in this case.

Geils Mosteid said he was disappointed in the public reaction to the missing yacht, that he thought we all could have done more. Surely he was not talking about us, but in general.

If LD sank, not likely, they found bits of Grain de Soleil by satellite but they didn't find a shred of evidence for our 75 foot yacht, over twice the size!...does not make sense. I have been where these sailors have been and the last thing I wanted was for people to say, "let's give up".

I encourage all of you, please help me in this search, a forensic search, and keep these people fresh in your hearts and your prayers. I know you are, most of you, so let's do the other half, please contact me if you knew any of these sailors. Thanks, Tim
Old 17-06-2013, 09:53   #403
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Wow, chill out everyone. As has been noted the northern route may have been taken and if low on fuel may well take them nearly all summer.

The liferaft thing is very disturbing regardless of who it might be. maybe the cruise ship company thought it might have been survivors of a boat they ran down? What are the actual facts surrounding that? Is it in the ships log or did one of the passengers think they saw something?
Old 17-06-2013, 09:54   #404
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Keep dancing and talking and trying to camouflage, la vida. You keep digging a hole.
Old 17-06-2013, 10:06   #405
cruiser

Very likely the Norther route, as explained by Astrid and others. Problem is, they will have to stop for fuel...but we have not heard from them. Is it possible, I don't know, to do that entire route without stopping (or being spotted?)
Closed Thread