Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-03-2014, 16:09   #61

Boat: Farr 44 Ocean Racer - Pit crew & backup helm.
Re: iPad4 - iNavX v Navionics Pros & Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
This is a common problem. Many plotters have a setting to move this split line into the Atlantic for that reason. You're sure such a setting is not available in the Settings App?

Thanks for your input Jedi. I'm pretty sure that there is no such setting but if there is I'd love to hear about it if someone is aware of it.

BTW - during a passage this time last year I stopped by your yacht in Shelter Bay to say hello but you must have been out at the time. All the best.
Ozbullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 19:26   #62
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbullwinkle View Post
I really don't know what your problem is and why you keep making negative comments about me & this issue which affects EVERYONE who uses this app in this region.
And yet you're the only one complaining about it. Everyone else who is so affected by it seems to have dealt with it, bought another program, moved on, gotten over it and gone to sea.

I don't believe you're looking for a solution. I think you're angry about being "ripped off" and you're trying to take some kind of internet-ninja revenge.

I don't know why that irritates me, but it does.

If the program doesn't work for you, there's an obvious solution in my world.
Jammer Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 07:52   #63

iPad4 - iNavX v Navionics Pros & Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
And yet you're the only one complaining about it. Everyone else who is so affected by it seems to have dealt with it, bought another program, moved on, gotten over it and gone to sea.

I don't believe you're looking for a solution. I think you're angry about being "ripped off" and you're trying to take some kind of internet-ninja revenge.

I don't know why that irritates me, but it does.

If the program doesn't work for you, there's an obvious solution in my world.

I don't know why you think I don't want a solution to this. I'm not angry about it at all. Ideally I would like it fixed or at least the courtesy of a reply from iNavx that they either can't or wont fix it. That's all I want, some customer service & feedback which is what anyone should expect. Now please let's agree to disagree about it and move on.
Old 25-03-2014, 12:47   #64
cruiser

The reason I think you don't want a solution is because (assuming every word you've said is true) the solution isn't iNavX. The solution is another product, but rather than moving on to that other product, you stay here and post repetitions of your "complaint".

That means you don't want the solution, you want to complain.
Jammer Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2014, 18:33   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
The reason I think you don't want a solution is because (assuming every word you've said is true) the solution isn't iNavX. The solution is another product, but rather than moving on to that other product, you stay here and post repetitions of your "complaint".

That means you don't want the solution, you want to complain.

Oh, for God's sake. "I don't want a solution and just want to complain" - REALLY!

I've already said that I like iNavx & this is the only problem I have with it so I'm not about to buy another product so please find someone else to harass.
Old 12-09-2016, 19:12   #66

Here is an update primarily for the iNavx International Dateline issue.

I recently raised 2 issues with iNavx support

1. I suggested an enhancement so that the keyboard can also be used to add or edit waypoint coordinates as well as the scroll wheel. This has been passed onto the development team as a suggested enhancement for a future release.

2. I asked for an update about the long running international dateline issue (reported to iNavx support over 3 years ago) & is a big problem if you sail in this area. Their reply is below which certainly sounds hopeful.

Re: [#10931] iNavX Support Request

7th September 2016

Hi Steve,

We have already submitted a new build to Apple with a fix for the Navionics issue. Just waiting on their approval before we can release.

Thanks again for your patience.

Shaun
- iNavX Support Team

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 14-09-2016, 14:53   #67

Grrr....

I bought na iPAD just to run Navionis as a BU for my char/radar system.

Navionics is a toy. The worst part of it is the lac of a real help manual. The one that is built in is nearly useless. For example

it does not tel you how to save a route. The result is that after 15 mins of ou7tting complex route in, I inadvertantly do the wrong thing as poof.

It dies nit tell you how to turn tacking on and off or how to save a track.

On a route three data boxed show up, that would be nice except after 2 week with this thing I do not know what the numbers in the box mean.

You can not show more than one route on the screen at a time.

It does predcit expected time of arrival. That is good. It dies nto say if that si calculated from the default speed I entered, from my speeed mya good, or whtehr ti figures in tides and currents.

It only give true courses. I really can subtraxt my variation so I can use mu compass but why should I have to?

Worse thing... lack of a user foum . They haven edited FB page that does nto users ot sahre ideas.

Apple issue. Wile using the thing Apple security shut me out for 24 hrs. Calling Apple got this fixed BUT I had to wait 24 hrs to fix the issue. Worse it affected my whole iPAD. If I did not have a cell phone with me and an available cell tower, my Navionics iPAD would have been useless.
SeattleJew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iNavX, navionics