Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 16:13   #91

Boat: Beneteau 323
Re: Best Plan for moving through the Caribbean to Panama?

Hi Nick and Mark.

We arrived in Shelter Bay today from Port Antonio. Great sail.

In slip C14. Will be here a few weeks and hope to have a beer with you. Right now we are off to happy hour to have a bite to eat and celebrate the good passage.

Would be great to meet you in person while we are here. Drop by any time.
svseachange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 16:41   #92

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"

Unfortunately, we are still held up in Guatemala. How long will you be staying down in that area? We are heading south as soon as we can get out of here.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 18:03   #93

We will be here for a few weeks at least. Hope you get unstuck soon, Mark. Take care of yourself.
Old 05-04-2014, 18:02   #94

We have been on the edge about about staying in the Caribbean for another year for avlong time. The Bahamas, BVI and Jamaica were nice but did not capture our imagination. The Eastern Caribbean not to our tastes.

We knew we would have to finally make up our minds in Panama. We have always wanted to spend more time in Central and South America. Finances are holding up. Wifey voted to stay, I was on the fence so we are staying. We both learned a little Spanish for a reason, right?

So we are going to folow Jedi's earlier suggestion and hop our way to Cartegena. You guys had excellent suggestions for other stops, what stops and reading material do you suggest for Panama to Cartegena?

Mark, you mentioned you are heading back to Panama now. What's your thinking? Initial research seems to indicate it is going to get wet here soon.
Old 11-04-2014, 15:34   #95

Well, it has been a good stay in Shelter Island Marina so far. Pretty good place to hang out.

We will be here for another few weeks. I am going to fly to the US for a week to see my Minnesotan kids, pick up some parts and check in on my business interests. Panama is a great place from which to fly to the US.

Learning a lot about transiting the canal, Panama paperwork and got the information I need for sailing the Atlantic coasts of Panama and Columbia. Met a lot of great people.

After returning from the US we are heading down the Panamanian coast, hopping over to Cartegena where we will haul out to do some work on the boat. Looks like a good city to put our 4yo in preschool while we are work on the boat.

Thanks for all the great information shared here. I am unsubscribing from this thread now.

Tags
Caribbean, Panama, rib