Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2015, 14:07   #16

Boat: Westerly, Corsair, 36
Re: Water line problem on Westerly Corsair

Thanks for the info. My water heater is always hot when the battery is turned on. It also uses the engine heat. My circuit closes after I use the hot or cold for a few minutes. I have to wait a minute and then I can turn it back on. I'm going to pull the panel and clean all the contacts as a start.

I found a Traflagar price list in the boat. The owner had ordered some parts. I also have the original service manual for the Corsair. At the moment I'm looking for a spare belt for the 2003 to have for my trip.

Do you have a dodger? Any recommendations for getting one at a good price? I bought a bimini on Amazon but haven't put it up yet. Need another set of hands for that project. I pulled the vinyl down from above the galley and inside the galley cabinet, sanded off the glue and painted it for now. Much better.

Do you have a ketch also? I know they only made a few. If you have any pictures that would be great.
Kismet36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 21:50   #17

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet36 View Post
Thanks for the info. My water heater is always hot when the battery is turned on. It also uses the engine heat. My circuit closes after I use the hot or cold for a few minutes. I have to wait a minute and then I can turn it back on. I'm going to pull the panel and clean all the contacts as a start.

I found a Traflagar price list in the boat. The owner had ordered some parts. I also have the original service manual for the Corsair. At the moment I'm looking for a spare belt for the 2003 to have for my trip.

Do you have a dodger? Any recommendations for getting one at a good price? I bought a bimini on Amazon but haven't put it up yet. Need another set of hands for that project. I pulled the vinyl down from above the galley and inside the galley cabinet, sanded off the glue and painted it for now. Much better.

Do you have a ketch also? I know they only made a few. If you have any pictures that would be great.
My Sealord is a sloop but they did make a few of them as ketches. There is a Corsair ketch here in Gulf Harbour , 'Salsy'. She was for sale a few years ago in Spain so she has done some miles since then.

Re your hot water... I think it would be when you are on shore power rather than batts when your water gets hot.

I stripped the vinyl under the decks etc some time ago.. replaced with new foam backed vinyl...is OK.

Against the hull I have put 10mm closed cell sleeping mat stuff...works good.

I would give some thought to the 'staples' between the lowers and the chain plates... a known problem area and likely to spoil your whole day if they fail.
I have 'upspecked' mine to something heavier... its a pretty simple fix...oh... and have no thread within the deck itself

Cheers,
Ping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0976.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	110943   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1190579.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	110944  

Old 14-10-2015, 06:25   #18

Boat: Westerly, Corsair, 36

El Pinguino, your teak is beautiful. Good point about the shore power. I didn't think of that. I'm not sure what you mean by the chain plate staples yet, so I'll investigate that. Today I'm going to get started on the engine, preparing for oil and filter change and work on my mast some (I have wires coming out of the main sail groove). I feel lucky to be able to have the time to do this every day! Life is good.
Kismet36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 17:07   #19

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Staples? Dunno what the real name is... they look like a U-bolt and the turnbuckles are attached to them. You can see my starboard lower one - which had failed just within the deck - in that photo. Jury rigged the lower to the stbd midships cleat and led one line back to the primary winch.. you can see that in the pic as well.

The new ones are a larger cross section...

Tags
corsair, water