Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2018, 08:30   #1

Raritan am200r24 Pump Leak

I have a Raritan remove water pump for the head. It appears to be dripping water from the extra nipple/plugged outlet shown in the photo.

I included a picture from eBay as mine of course is buried in the bilge. I see they also no longer make this model of pump, but make a new style with the pump outlets in a different orientation. Anyone know if that outlet is threaded or why it exists? Is the new model diaphram pump really better...thinking of just buying a 12v model on ebay and swapping the pump heads if I cannot find a replacement pump.

Thanks

wtsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Raritan am200r24 Pump Leak

The picture didn't load, but the model number for that pump indicates that it's the remote intake pump for the 24v version of a Raritan Atlantes toilet..a pump that was discontinued in 2002. Because your boat has 24v electrical system, you wouldn't be able to use a 12v pump, but I would NOT buy a pump that has be at least that old even if you could.

I see they also no longer make this model of pump, but make a new style with the pump outlets in a different orientation. Anyone know if that outlet is threaded or why it exists?

What you're calling the outlets are actually the INLET fittings--one on each side of the pump to accomodate connecting to a thru-hull on either side of it, or--using the supplied 90--in front or behind the pump. Raritan supplies a plug/cap for the unused inlet. The outlet fitting is on the top of the pump.

I STRONGLY recommend you give Raritan tech support a call before you do anything...800-352-5630 x 5. Ask for Jerry. I've already talked to him about this.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raritan