Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 18:38   #31

Re: Gravity Holding Tank Installation Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHoodJr View Post
On all of your recommendations I have accumulated all the parts necessary for a tank installation. I bought a Ronco tank that measures 5” depth, 15” high 32” wide and plan to install this on the bulkhead behind and above the head. I will be using 1 1/2” schedule 40 PVC with Sealand semi flexible hoses to connect to the head and thru hull. I will also be using 1” hose and thru hull for venting.

I was planning on building a shelf and inverted “L” shaped ends of marine 3/4” plywood that has been fully coated with West System epoxy, to secure the tank to the bulkhead. The tank has a capacity of 9 US gallons so I know the approximate weight when full.

That being said, can anyone comment on the proposed installation? Can anyone give me an idea of the load forces of this tank and it’s contents in a seaway? The shelf and side brackets will all be thru bolted to the bulkhead. Any ideas/criticisms would be helpful.

Thanks
Which way are you mounting it.... 32" left to right? Vertical should drain better. I used 2 x 2 throughbolted alum angle to support/surround the tank and nylon straps to hold it nested in the angles.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gravity-out, holding tank