Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2008, 18:43   #1

thompson santa cruz 3100

anyone have a manual for the above boat?

what is a good source to learn about installing heat and or ac?

thanks

jc
cutbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 07:12   #2

Boat: Grand Banks 42 Classic - Heads Up
Send a message via Yahoo to CaptHead
I installed my own AC and found the company Artic Air in FL has an outstanding unit. It is reverce cycle and heats or cools at 19,000 BTU and only uses 1300 Watts AC 120V. No other unit can boast that.

Never saw a thompson santa cruz 3100. There is a santa cruz 52 next to me but it has sails. Transpac sled.
1966 Grand Banks 42 Hull #17
Twin Ford Lehman Diesels
Sterling LP over Epoxy
Life is Great, Skip the Beach
CaptHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 19:24   #3
Obsfucator, Second Class

Boat: 1982 Sea Ray SRV360
In one short post I can't tell your experience level, so excuse me if I am being too elementary. But since you are looking for a manual for your boat, let me say this.

Unlike cars, boat manufacturers don't make their own equipment. All the equipment comes from different places. And, unless your boat is practically brand new, some or most of that equipment may have been replaced. On top of that, most boat owners manuals are actually some documentation on specifics to that boat, along with a pouch of individual manuals from the people that made the different equipment in that boat.

So, long story short, I think what you really want to look for is the manual for the A/C system that is in your boat. You'll have a much easier time finding that. If you can't find it through a Google search, post the make and model in here and maybe someone can help.

-dan
dacust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:47   #4

thompson 3100 SANTA CRUA

I recently also purchased and rv and in with the rv a manual was given which was a 3 ringed binder filled with manuals from all of the components that were installed in the vehicle but also an instruction manual of the vehicle itself. So I suspect that when someone purchases a new boat they probably get something like this. I would expect, although this may be to much, that a manual would be provided explaining the circuit setup, details on where the shut off valves are located and the like to be included.

Thanks for your reply.

JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacust View Post
In one short post I can't tell your experience level, so excuse me if I am being too elementary. But since you are looking for a manual for your boat, let me say this.

Unlike cars, boat manufacturers don't make their own equipment. All the equipment comes from different places. And, unless your boat is practically brand new, some or most of that equipment may have been replaced. On top of that, most boat owners manuals are actually some documentation on specifics to that boat, along with a pouch of individual manuals from the people that made the different equipment in that boat.

So, long story short, I think what you really want to look for is the manual for the A/C system that is in your boat. You'll have a much easier time finding that. If you can't find it through a Google search, post the make and model in here and maybe someone can help.

-dan
cutbrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
santa cruz, thompson