Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-01-2013, 08:09   #1

Completely Overwhelmed

I've been in the real estate investment business for over 13 years and I've NEVER had as much confusion buying a house as I am having with choosing a potential boat. I'm very frustrated at this point. There are so many variables and maybe too many choices. One discovery leads to more research which then leads to another discovery and I feel like I could spend another 3 years on research without ever having viewed a damn thing. I wish that I had the luxury of buying small amd upgrading with experience to learn my real needs, but I just don't. The reality is that I need to purchase a boat as a liveaboard at a marina for a while and I have 5 kids. I do have a small condo that we will also use, but neither full time. I don't want to choose the wrong boat, but there are just so many variables.
I can't even figure out what I should be looking at. I have been at this since the summer. Every time I narrow it down somewhat, I realize that I have missed something or wrong about something. I must be doing something wrong here. There has to be a better way to figure this out. Maybe I need the assistance of a yacht broker. I have spoken to a few, but it seems that they just push what they are trying to sell, not necessarily what I need.
I know that I am going to do this come hell or high water, even if it means purchasing the wrong boat, but it sure would be nice to get the right one. We are so excited about the lifestyle and I am eager to sell my house to achieve it, but I don't want to do that until I have found the boat.
The forums bring both support and naysay, but mostly a bunch of different opinion, which is great. That's what I need, but sometimes, that too brings more confusion, when one person says yes you can, while the other is saying your nuts.
Besides, upgrading with time, has anyone been in a similar situation starting with no experience. How did you decide?
GalaxyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle