Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2015, 15:59   #211

Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post
With no disrespect to Lassey-chan, I have to agree with Sandero on this one. Your comment about members poised with checkbooks to snatch the "budding writer's" mystery minnow is completely ridiculous.

Personally, I suspected that this thread was complete nonsense from the beginning, and the OPs continued attempts to wow us with her pseudo wit only serves to confirm my belief. Regardless, and just judging by her(?) meta-sketching, there is very very little chance that I would ever be interested in any boat that she(?) is fawning over with mental anguish.

Not that this thread is real, mind you.
OP needs to be on Dr. Phil Show
wgewaldii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 16:01   #212
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Mor View Post
Yeah, Weavis, I need to let go. But part of me now wants Jon to call the listing broker and come back here saying our broker never contacted him. Then I'd throw myself right back into the quandary. How messed up is that?
Very.
The boat is a lemon........

Deck is caca.

Repeat after me "Its just a lump of fibreglass and wood"

Give us a price and a make and I guarantee folk here can find you what you want in good condition.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 16:34   #213

Boat: sabre 28

You seem to be a nice person & I don't mean to offend you but I don't friggen get it. For the last couple of years I've seen you post on a couple of sites about wanting to buy a boat so you can get out & do some cruising. How in the world do you go from thinking about buying a Sabre 34 to Oyster & Swans in the 45' range? Win the lottery did we?

Just buy a boat & get out there. You're not getting any younger. Wait much longer & you'll need one of those geriatric boats with electric winches
misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 16:51   #214

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Maybe....

Keep the house- get a smaller boat.

Sell the house- get a bigger boat.

Plans change.
Old 11-03-2015, 18:29   #215
Eternal Member

Quote:
Hey, Jon! I got an idea! Why don't you call the broker and inquire about the boat and see what he says. Toll-free 855-824-8544, ask for Scott. Then come back here with your report. At least you'll have something more than supposition, speculation and mindless gossip to go on to support your allegations.
Nah, I'll take your word for it... I guessed wrong, wasn't the first time, won't be the last :-)

Personally, I think you should have gone for the Sabre 452...

Then again, I'd want to have my SO spend at least a night or two sleeping aboard a cruising boat, and perhaps even trying a bit of sailing in open water, before committing to the liveaboard cruising lifestyle, and spending that kind of $ on a boat, so...

But, perhaps that's just me... :-)
Jon Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 19:00   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by four winds View Post
Maybe....

Keep the house- get a smaller boat.

Sell the house- get a bigger boat.

Plans change.
No keeping the house. I'll be dead before 70. I once read Chicago is a bad place to retire. I now know that to be fact. Especially when you like the outdoors.

For those trying to help, thank you, but this is more about two people trying to find a way to agree on how to spend the autumn years than about trying to find a boat.

House? Boat? Room service? Or just find a place in the sand and let the ocean lap at your feet? Dreams and realities clash. Sometimes it takes years to find a compromise. Maybe it never comes.

I've never been so challenged or so unsure. I know what I want, I just don't know what we want. And this is precisely why I didn't want to lay our crap online. For as well meaning as you all may be, you can't really help, except to put your arm around my shoulder and say, "Yeah, I know how you feel. Try to let it go." And give a group hug. That would be nice. I think I need that.

I'm sorry if anyone felt I was being deceptive. I was not. I found a dream boat, for me, and I knew it could only ever be a dream but I couldn't accept that. That was and is a very real struggle. A lifetime has passed and only now I am realizing I may have missed my chance to realize my dream.

I tried to be funny. I tried to make it light-hearted. Both because I couldn't talk about the emotions inside. But I never wanted to pour my heart out online. I guess I just did. I'm sorry for that but I didn't want anyone thinking I was toying with them. I was not.
Old 11-03-2015, 19:08   #217

Boat: President 43 Sportfish

Follow your dream, even though the chance of realizing it may diminish.
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 19:25   #218

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Julie, my post was a response to misfits'. Not a suggestion to you.

Sorry for the confusion. I should have quoted the post.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:45   #219

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

There are no best answers only choices to be made. And whatever you choose, every day you have to choose again, choose to continue with yesterday's choice or choose something different. Take your best shot. Make a choice. Act on it and tomorrow you will choose again.

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 14:58   #220

Boat: sabre 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by four winds View Post
Julie, my post was a response to misfits'. Not a suggestion to you.

Sorry for the confusion. I should have quoted the post.
I didn't mean anything badly by my post, I knew Julie wanted to sell her house a couple of years ago, I was surprised to see that the dance was still on. Had a wtf moment contributed to finally being able to grille on my deck without snow shoes & actually needing to put ice in my bourbon to keep it cold. I made sure I cooked extra slowly.

Julie, looking at your last post, it sounds like you're fighting the battle that so many of us do when it comes to their S.O. & the desire to shove off.
Sooner or later you need to do what's right for you or you'll regret to your dying day. Which if you're planning on kicking the bucket at 70 isn't that far away. Hmm, kicking the bucket, sounds like a good name for boat.
misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 06:50   #221
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
How Do You Let Go?

Quote:

I've never been so challenged or so unsure. I know what I want, I just don't know what we want. And this is precisely why I didn't want to lay our crap online. For as well meaning as you all may be, you can't really help, except to put your arm around my shoulder and say, "Yeah, I know how you feel. Try to let it go." And give a group hug. That would be nice. I think I need that.

While we may not know how you feel, and we certainly cannot help we have seen this struggle play out a few times.

If you've had a good spring and summer I am sure you will figure out autumn. Commnunicate, communicate, communicate. Not with us, with him.

PS - Virtual hugs included and don't let it go! - Figure out the common path for both of you)

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 07:29   #222

These sorts of decisions are so complex and monumental. This results in a sea change... pun intended in one's life and those who you are close with. Everything changes. And of course so much of the "sailing thing" is "romantic"... and promising a sort of life few experience on terra firma. Buying things like homes, clothing, cars and of course boats (to name a few) have a huge emotional component to them. And that's not a bad thing. It means we can love what we own and take care of it... and in the case of a yacht it has to take care of us right back.

Everyone either struggles with these decisions or can empathize with those who do. Of course there is a huge technical component to these sorts of life changing decisions... and this forum is as good as it gets for help with that. I wish I had 1/1000 the wisdom of the collection of members here.

Yet there is something to be said to not wait for the perfect opportunity and to commit to a boat and make it work for you so you CAN cast off the dock lines and go.

Julie will get a boat and when she does she will be 200% committed. Go Julie go...
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote